RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2007 Cayman XL 36 ft loss of air….

Hi all, just taken out Cayman out of winter storage and have two problems, the first being the rapid time in which she loses air from the suspension and air tanks.

From full tanks to air bags flat at the rear and almost flat at the front in approximately 30 to 36 hours, I don’t recall last year it going down that fast, does that sound about right or do I need to go looking for a leak?

When the air bags are flat the tanks (both) then happily hold at around 50 to 60 PSI without losing more air.

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Kind regards
Steve

UK_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2013, 10:23 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Yes Steve, it seems that something has happened. You need to charge the air system up and shut it down and go under(jacks down)and listen for leaks, a spray bottle with soap in it will aid you in finding the leak. Look at the dump valves (solenoids)
for the air ride leveling system. If it is quite where you are at you might be able to hear the leak.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hiya palehorse89,

I feared that may be the answer, have two things I now need to do (this and replace the alternator), next weekend is busy the weekend after is now a coach weekend.

Where she is in storage it can be very quite, so I may be able to hear it, more than likely will find it with soap spray, I guess the backend is the best place to start as the back end goes down fastest.

Many thanks for confirming what I suspected.

Cheers
UK_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote