Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #1

2007 Dynasty Platinum IV

Thinking about trading my Alpine for a Dynasty. Looking at one with 57000 miles. It has Aqua Hot which I have in my Alpine and I'm not a lover of the system. Aside from the AH, does anyone have any thoughts or ideas as to what to look for in looking over and around the coach. I do like the layout and this one already has the computer desk so there's one less thing to add. BTW, has anyone traded out the table and chairs for a dinette?
Thanks for any help you can give me. Feel free to email.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2014, 08:35 AM   #2

My number one issue would be checking the engine serial number for possible wrist pin issue. We walked from an 07 for that reason. Other cosmetic issues might be reflected in an offer such as cracking Diamond shield, $700 to remove and $1300 to replace, flakey chrome mirrors, $200 for a base and $900 for each mirror, torn slide seals, $800 each, replacing old electronics, foggy window glass, etc. Is this from a dealer or private party? If from a dealer check and see where they got it. Many in our area are coming from auctions across the country. No owner history, no dealer knowledge. They just turn and burn them for huge profits.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:27 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
On the assumption that it is similar to my 07 Camelot, check the condition of the cables on the curb side bedroom slide.
Jeep trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #4

I don't th9nk the Dynasty uses cable slides. On our 08 the curbside is hydraulic. The 2 front slides are also hydraulic. The road side bedroom slide is electric but I think it is gear driven (not sure)
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote