We have the 2007 Diplomat SFT. We spend about 8 months a year out in it and really like the coach. The only major problems have been:
1. Fuel tank developed a leak at the drain plug. This is a common issue for Monaco coaches around that year. About $800 to drop the tank and weld it up. Extended warranty covered it.
2. Original slide seal metal clamps rust out and the seal falls off. SacsTC found a good replacement that has the metal clamps enclosed in the rubber. No problems since I had that put on last year. About $500 to put a new seal on.
3. Magnum inverter died the first year. No problems since.
4. 8 kw Onan genset inverter died the first. Replaced under warranty. No problems since.
5. MagnaDyne radio is a piece of junk. Currently looking for a replacement. For DVD's, I use my laptop, which has an HDMI output and connect it to the TV. Also good for NetFlix, Vudu, etc.
6. It came with Monroe shocks that die at about 15-20,000 miles. Replace them with Bilsteins. That was about $1,000 as I remember, parts and labor.
7. Some recalls:
a. Norcold reefer. They have an easy fix. Make sure it has been installed.
b. Just heard that the IOTA transfer switch may be a recall issue. I am checking. There is a thread on here.
c. I believed the wiper arms were recalled a couple of years ago. Check that the coach has the beefier arms.
We have about 30,000 miles on the coach and have not had any problems with the big slide other than the seal. We are very happy with the coach. It drives well and lives very well. It only has about 2,500 lbs. of CCC, so watch your weight.
We just arrived home in San Jose tonight, after two months on the road, so if you have any specific questions, let me know.
And last, but not least, go to Monaco Diplomat SFT
Robin is the god of diplomat upgrades. He makes my life easier.