RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #1

2007 Holiday Rambler Neptune bedroom carpet wet

We have a leak somewhere that is causing wet carpet just inside the bedroom door while it is raining and the slides are in. We have never been camping in it when it rained so not sure if it also leaks when the slides are out. Any suggestions on where I should start looking? Thanks for any help!
lela is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Other than the obligatory roof check (looking at seals and caulking), perhaps something (tree twig or a stick) made its way into the slide gasket and water may be entering that way.

While on the roof, you'll be able to confirm that the canvass slide topper retracted correctly. Stuff like that.
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #3

I had a small wet spot there in mine and figured out it was the seal around the fan in the bathroom and was getting to the carpet at the door of the bedroom.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #4

Have you found your leak yet? If not, check the sealant around the hot water heater access door trim outside. I just discovered wet bedroom carpet (after 5 inches of rain yesterday) from the sliding pocket doors to the rear of the bedroom on the curb side of our Neptune (thats the direction it was out of level in my driveway). I removed the washer/dryer closet rear panel to get a good look at the back of the water heater. Then poured some water down the outside siding just over the hot water heater access door until my wife screamed from inside. Easy to find but a mess to clean up.

I've got the front thermostat set for heat and the bedroom thermostat set on A/C to help dry it out (after the vacuuming job). Oh yeah, and some damp rid placed in strategic locations. It's about 24 degrees F outside right now!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:22 AM   #5

wet bd floor

I Have the same problem and just found that the slide awning came undone from the roof!!!! will have to reattach to railing against the roof so that it will unroll when slide comes out!!!!! you would think that the rubber seals around slide would stop the water from coming in but it's not!!!!! it has wet the carpet right where the bedroom door closes!!!! hope this helps.

spa48
2006 Diplomat
SPA48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #6

Lask weekend I had to reseal the sewer vent in the bath and this morning I have a leak over my dash... this is crap! The rig's only 3 years old, it should not have all these leaks. Ok, I'm done ranting. Does Prizm cover leaks?
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:50 AM   #7

I used silicone around everything on the roof and have had no further leak issues. I am patiently awaiting the next crisis!

A friend of mine has an older unit and recently acquired several gallons of a liquid silicone that he rolled on the roof. He said it adheres to anything except asphalt and stayed liquid until after it rolled on and then became a sheet of silicone. It looked great and sealed the entire roof. His brother in law works for a company that developed the product and I plan to follow his experience closely in hopes that this will be an answer as my unit ages.