Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Looking at a 2007 Knight 38PDQ with the Cummings ISC 330. The same coach for 2008 has the Cummins ISC 360. Would like feedback from you guys if the ISC 330 is plenty of engine for this coach. Don't know much about Monaco. Any other info about this coach would be appreciated.
Thanks

removed "G" in Cummins....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Looking at a 2007 Knight 38PDQ with the Cummings ISC 330. The same coach for 2008 has the Cummins ISC 360. Would like feedback from you guys if the ISC 330 is plenty of engine for this coach. Don't know much about Monaco. Any other info about this coach would be appreciated.
Thanks

removed "G" in Cummins....
Old 08-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
OK...
If you don't get an answer in a timely manner... then please PM DignBubbs ..
he has a 2006 Monaco Knight with the same engine but 2 feet longer - and he is fulltiming ...so it should be at max capacity. Kev should be able to tell you exactly how the engine will perform under maximun conditions!

Myself..well...
I am sure it will meet or exceed your expectations...Good Luck...and hopefully - this is an early welcome to the Monaco Coach Owners Forum!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:33 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the feedback. Will pick up the Monaco Knight next Tuesday.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Congrats ... we look forward to you "jumping ship" and hopping onto this "Good Ship Lollipop" here in Monaco Owners Forum Land!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:53 PM   #6
JDT

My first post here even though I have been a reader for a while. Hope it works.

A little late since you have already pulled the trigger, but I have an 05 38PST in the HR version, which is the same as the 38PDQ except there is not a curbside slide in the bedroom, only on the roadside. We averaged 8.8 mpg on our last long trip of 1600 miles, but this was without our toad. With the MDX it is about 8 to 8.4. We drive about 62 to 64 mph. You will find the power to be more than adequate, even in mountain driving. Coming out of a gas unit like we did you will really notice the difference.

The one thing I had done was which I feel made a difference was adding a Horton 2 speed fan. It operates at a slower speed, requiring less horsepower, until the engine temp reaches 205 degrees. Then it will switch to high until the temp is back down to 180, I think. It made about a half mpg difference to the better. I also feel it has more power on take off but that could be more subjective than objective.

Overall, we have been very pleased with very few problems coming up during the warranty period. I think you will be happy with it.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:55 AM   #7

IMO, the ISC is one of the best engines Cummins has produced for RV use. I have a 315hp version in my '00 Dip 38D with two slides and a toad and it handles it very well. I have good acceleration when merging on to an interstate entrance ramp and I don't even know my toad is back there most of the time. I haven't pulled any really long steep grades, but it handles the north Georgia mountains with ease with the toad on. Without the toad it drives like a big car, IMO. The engine has averaged 9.75 mpg for it's life according to my VMSpc and it's getting close to having 35K miles on it.

8.3L Cummins ISC
BIGRED1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:34 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks again for all the info. Sounds like you guys are very happy with your rigs.