Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2022, 03:53 PM   #1

2007 Knight is leaning on one side after one day

Does anyone know of a couple of good places to take my Rig for possible air leaks?
Don't think its Air bags, Sometimes its worst than other days.
We are in Whittier Ca now and sometimes in AZ.
i Know there's lots of Threads out there for repairs which I AM REALLY IMPRESSED!

Thank you for all your help and support.
skidmro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2022, 05:12 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You drive by them between Whittier and AZ, Right off the 10 fwy.

https://www.redlandstruckservice.com/
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 08:08 PM   #3

The ride height valve on the down side maybe.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:01 AM   #4

Any resolution on this issue??? I have a similar issue come up in the past couple of weeks while sitting in my storage barn (tight, tight fit). While exercising the engine/generator I raised the chassis height to maximum then noted a few days later that passenger side seemed to have fully lowered while driver side was still raised?
dca81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 04:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dca81 View Post
Any resolution on this issue??? I have a similar issue come up in the past couple of weeks while sitting in my storage barn (tight, tight fit). While exercising the engine/generator I raised the chassis height to maximum then noted a few days later that passenger side seemed to have fully lowered while driver side was still raised?
No sorry I haven't had time yet!
But i will soon and for sure
It's doing the same thing yours is

It's really bad
Old 12-06-2022, 05:53 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
One air bag level valve on the front two one rear check distance on the rear air bag metal plate to other plate one level valve be going bad front bags8 5/16 rear 9 3/16
oh no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 06:35 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
You should check your 6-pack valves for leaks. Soapy water or a leak detector. There should be 6 in a group in the back and 6 in the front. Do you guys have the HWH air leveling? Here is a picture of 6 of mine in the back and a picture of my air leveling control panel.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Valves.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	382236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Air level Controller.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	285.0 KB
ID:	382237  

Old 12-07-2022, 06:44 AM   #8

Yep, HWH with same control panel. Spayed soapy water on my six pack and air bags (that I could access in such a restricted area)did not see anything. Tthx for the suggestions.
dca81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 10:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmro View Post
No sorry I haven't had time yet!
But i will soon and for sure
It's doing the same thing yours is

It's really bad
I did change the right height valve and did the adjustments, after this it was sitting really nice and perfect! Of course 2-3 days later it was leaning!
Looking for somewhere to do the repairs on this

thanks for all your help
Old 03-16-2023, 04:07 PM   #10

The ride height valves only come into play when driving. When parked the system changes to leveling mode.
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 02:37 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I also have a 2007 Knight and bought it new, it will drop down on one rear side after a couple of days. Benn doing it since new and hasn"t changed. When I had it back at the factory when I first bought it to fix the windsheild poping out I asked them about it and they said dont worry about it its normal. I have benn under the rig many times with the soapy water thing and never could find a leak. It does not have a leveling system just a drive hight
Old 03-17-2023, 02:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamiDav View Post
The ride height valves only come into play when driving. When parked the system changes to leveling mode.

IF (large IF) he has air leveling and that system is working properly.
Old 03-18-2023, 09:45 AM   #13

Leaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bborc View Post
I also have a 2007 Knight and bought it new, it will drop down on one rear side after a couple of days. Benn doing it since new and hasn"t changed. When I had it back at the factory when I first bought it to fix the windsheild poping out I asked them about it and they said dont worry about it its normal. I have benn under the rig many times with the soapy water thing and never could find a leak. It does not have a leveling system just a drive hight

Wow can't believe Monaco said that!
This just started maybe 2 years ago
It's not normal, plus walking inside is a pain leaning like that!
Having someone come out Monday so will see what happens
I'll let you know
Might change Air-bag too since it's 16 years old on one side only for now
Old 03-19-2023, 12:18 PM   #14

I have a 05 Knight and owned since new. I just went thru fittings on both tanks and found 1\4ptc ( push to connect) x 1\4 npt "t" swivels or called branch swivels to the bags and 3\8 and 1\2 ptc's elbow swivels leaking I found DOT rated swivels with pre pipe compound on threads to work well. Cut tie wraps to find excess. air tubes clean with water near leaky fitting and cut with PVC cutter. I cleaned the air tubes before i unscrewed the swivels and you can remove fitting while air tubes still attached. then installed new fitting , then measured to cut tube and PTC, this was my method ( first time)In some cases I may be able to have enough slack in air tubes to do again without splicing in new air line
scottknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags