Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #1

Question 2007 LaPalma XL

Very close to buying this coach...any pro/con comments?

Has about 10,000 miles.
bigotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:02 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Every (new to you or new)coach will have its issues. I choose a Gulf Stream DP. Lotsa of negative chatter on this site about the GS. But I (we) love the coaches floorplan, and all the extras. Just make sure that the floorplan, price and extras are what you want. And if you have a DW buy what she says...
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
Every (new to you or new)coach will have its issues. I choose a Gulf Stream DP. Lotsa of negative chatter on this site about the GS. But I (we) love the coaches floorplan, and all the extras. Just make sure that the floorplan, price and extras are what you want. And if you have a DW buy what she says...

Hi make sure that the brackets on the slide have changed. we have had a lot of snapped cables.
Hans Bartels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:30 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
We traded our 2007 La Palma 35' after 9 months because the CCC was not adequate for our full-timer needs. I believe it was around 1,000 and we could easily have 2,000+ pounds of "stuff" on-board. There were also a number of upgrades that we wanted to add and the new coach has almost all of them. The low CCC was the main reason for us. Make sure the CCC will fit your needs.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin View Post
We traded our 2007 La Palma 35' after 9 months because the CCC was not adequate for our full-timer needs. I believe it was around 1,000 and we could easily have 2,000+ pounds of "stuff" on-board. There were also a number of upgrades that we wanted to add and the new coach has almost all of them. The low CCC was the main reason for us. Make sure the CCC will fit your needs.
What is CCC?
Old 01-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Bartels View Post
Hi make sure that the brackets on the slide have changed. we have had a lot of snapped cables.
Did you mean the brackets need to be changed. Or the cables. I am a little confused. I have a thread going about my leaky slide.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Cargo Carrying Capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
What is CCC?
Cargo Carrying Capacity = CCC
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #8

Thumbs up New Owner

Well....I bit the bullet.

I am now officially an RV Owner. I did buy the XrtaRide Platinum warranty with the tire & wheel option.... peace of mind.

Taking it to the Houston Cummins dealer on Monday to get everything refreshed...then working on getting all the stuff necessary on-board for our 1st trip....anybody got a good list of the "must haves" on-board for a newbie ??!!
bigotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congratulations on the purchase. You will certainly enjoy the freedom that RVing brings to you.

The Holiday Rambler Vacationer XL and the LaPalma XL both had some issues with the slide system which is provided by Accuslide. It is a cable system and there was a design and install problem with the standoffs on the outside cable. Inspect and see if there is some fraying and if so, there is a resolution by BAL Accuslide of Elkhardt Indiana. They have worked closely with Elkhart Collision and Service to resolve the design problem. I had my coach worked on by Elkhart Collision in regards to slide cable and have been very satisfied with results.

UFO Chassis
Lash is offline   Reply With Quote