Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2020, 01:25 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2007 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ Main Panel

Mom and Dad bought a 2007 Monaco Camelot 42pdq, 40,000 miles. Hardly used it, then Dad died and now I'm trying to get it ready to sell.
Thieves stole the batteries out of it so I had to replace all of them.

I didn't have lights so I went over all the electrical, finally found the main battery cut off and solved that problem. So I've got everything working, inverter light is green, lcd panel showed batteries charging at 12.8 yesterday, 12.1 volts today. I assume that's what the panel meant.(Actually after reading the manual again I'm doubting that the batteries are charging)

On my fifth wheel Montana I always turn off the main breaker in the unit before I hook up to shore power. Then I plug in the progressive ems and check out the shore power, then I plug the Montana in and go in and turn on the main breaker.

I cannot for the life of me find the main panel 240/120 with breakers on this coach. I feel stupid. Manual says it's a metal enclosure in the bedroom. I've been through every inch of the bedroom and haven't found it. I find a 3 module 12 volt fuse panel labeled multiplex in the bedroom closet. That's all I find.

So good people, my questions are where might the main breaker panel be (where else to look) and how can I tell by the lcd readout if my batteries are actually charging.

In addition my wife went down there with me today to help clean it up and is already asking if there's anyway we could dump our 2019 Montana 42 ft and 2018 Ram Cummins dually and buy this instead, lol. I'm on board with her but I really don't see a way.

Thanks in advance.
Fishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2020, 02:46 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
In the 08' models, the breaker panel is in the cabinet above the toilet, but then again, so is the multiplex modules.

Worth a look though.
Old 11-26-2020, 03:42 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
For what it’s worth, 08 Navigator’s are above the driver’s seat. There are 2 of them, one for 110 V (no 220V items) that require shore/generator power to operate...mainly the ACs. There is also30A breaker in this panel that powers the inverter/charger. 2nd one is for those items that can be powered by inverter power (batteries) when no shore or generator power going to it.

The inverter/charger is mounted to the ceiling of one of the basement storage bays. It has 3 hidden push to reset breakers on it...one for 110V in and 2 for 110V out...one to the second panel you’re trying to find and one for the microwave. A common power problem...no 110V to TVs or microwave is because one of the 2 push to reset breakers has tripped. It has a transfer switch in it so when on shore/generator power, that power is passed through (no inverting necessary) to the 2nd breaker panel. Hope this helps.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 05:36 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I think I may have found it via a youtube video of a 35 minute for sale offering of a unit identical to the one I'm posting about.

The guy opens the closet mirrored door from the driver's side and for a second I saw some electronics/cabinet/something electrical on the wall that's hidden by the closet door.

I've never opened the closet mirrored door from the driver's side, didn't even know it opened that way. It was open from the passenger side so I walked in that way.

I'll find out in the morning, too late to go down there now.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:28 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
My 2007 Beaver Contessa is very similar to the Camelot I believe. Mine is located above the toilet as well and the multiplex are there too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5E467067-6431-40C4-9D8F-F3487CB45EB3.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	309426  
Old 11-27-2020, 10:22 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Our 2007 Diplomat PDQ has the 120VAC panel above the bed on the rear wall. One of the DC panels is just inside the closet. Can't blame you or your wife for wanting to keep the PDQ.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:31 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
According to your manual the AC panel is in/above a bedroom panel. The manual is easily downloaded and will explain the inverter/charger and the remote panel. Good luck.

edit; Sorry I see you've downloaded the manual and have already tried the bedroom.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:41 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
The most certain way to determine if the house battery is being charged is to use your voltmeter at the battery terminals when charging is supposedly happening.

They should be receiving about 13.6 dcv or more when being charged.

12.6 dcv is a full battery at resting voltage. 12.1 is half way discharged and time to recharge.

Very possible that you have battery draw overnight that will deplete the house battery like you have observed.

I only turn off the generator before plugging to shore power. Almost never do I turn off the AC Breakers. This has worked for 19 years........

That Camelot is a beautiful rig..
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:58 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
The main panel ended up being where I spied it at in the video. Open the closet door from the driver side and it's right there on the wall.

Went to start the generator yesterday and everything went dark, so I did something wrong. Going down there today to figure it out.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:51 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Another question not regarding the main panel

How do you remove the rv's in this unit?

They all seem to be very solid with no access to the backs and I don't want to break anything.
Old 11-29-2020, 03:00 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishar View Post

How do you remove the rv's in this unit?

They all seem to be very solid with no access to the backs and I don't want to break anything.
typo, couldn't edit so:

How do you remove the tv's in this unit?

Old 11-29-2020, 03:38 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco got very creative installing my TV's. Front TV has a panel behind it to access mounting screws. Bedroom TV was attached through the bottom cabinet. I had to remove drawers to access the screw heads.

Another thing you may or may not be aware. The intellitec system is the bottom 1/3 of the main electrical panel. Take the main panel cover off and you'll see it. It handles the power shedding and much of the multiplex systems.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:51 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
08 Navigator...front TV the same as the above plus a bunch of multiplex modules in there too. BR TV has access panel on the side of the cabinet.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007, monaco, panel