Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
DTC

2007 Monaco Camelot Electric Problem

Hi there! I have no electric in the coach. None of the receptacles, lights, etc., in the coach are working,whether on shore power or with the generator. Only 1/3 of the display panel is working. Just the Inverter, witch shows everything is charging. I've checked breakers, fuses, and the battery disconnect. Crazy thing is there are a few things that do work. The slides are working, Fridge, the receptacle the TV and dish are plugged into is working, step light, and the Trac Star satellite locator is working. The generator doesn't trip any breakers when started. I,ve reset all breakers, from the 50 amp box all the way through the coach. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks...
DTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2015, 11:22 AM   #2
DTC

Also, breakers on the inverter were all good
Old 09-09-2015, 12:12 PM   #3

Sounds like maybe your transfer switch is not completely switched to both legs of power. When the generator is on does everything work or same as on shore power? I believe I would pop the cover of the transfer switch and have a look see.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #4
DTC

Already did. Switch is located right by the inverter, in the belly. All in there looks secure and untarnished.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #5

Do you possibly have a surge/power protector that could be limiting the power? Did you ever say of everything works on generator? Have you checked the shore power for 120v on both legs? I'm running out of ideas here. Hope this helps.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:37 AM   #6

Have you checked all GFI's -- I have one in the bathroom and one in the rear (eng area) it would be the one you plug your engine heater to when in snow - on mine the one in the bath is one leg of 11oV and the GFI in the engine compartment is the second 110 leg sometimes there is a third GFI under in the storage area but not on my Diplomat 06. wishing you good luck!!!!

Steve
SPA48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:27 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
If, as you say, there is no power either from the mains power or generator, but you do have some 110VAC power from the inverter, then I'd check the main breakers and the wiring to the main breakers. (The dual 50 amp breakers in the 110V panel) Perhaps the wiring has come loose or perhaps the breaker(s) have failed.

If you have a multimeter, carefully check the input side of the main breakers to see if there is power there, and then check the load side to see if there's power there. If it's missing either side, that will lead you to the next step...
Old 09-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Take the cover off the transfer switch, with a voltmeter check incoming voltage on the shore power lugs, then check it on the generator lugs. If you have voltage on either you should have voltage on the outgoing power lugs. If no voltage on the outgoing lugs the transfer switch is bad.
bgbranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 05:07 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
The problem I have is no power to the slide-outs. Running the generator or not. I was able to open all the slide-out but now I can't get them to re-track back in. No power at all at the slide-outs. Does anybody have any ideas as to what I need to check out?
Old 09-20-2015, 05:49 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Assuming your ignition is not on

Slides will not work if ignition is switched on - engine running or not
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Ignition is turned off and I checked the GFI outlets. There is one next to the hallway sink and one in the engine compartment.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:23 PM   #12

I believe the slides are 12 volt and not 120 AC.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:53 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
On my 2009 Diplomat, there are several high amperage DC circuit breakers in the battery bay that are resettable. Google high amp DC circuit breakers to see pictures; there are a variety of types. My slides are DC powered. Perhaps yours are too and you've tripped one of those DC breakers.

Good luck,
Stu
Old 09-20-2015, 06:57 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Oops. My post is not responsive to the OP's issues. Rather, it may pertain to ultra's issue.

Tags
monaco