Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #1

2007 Monaco windshield issues

I have been looking at purchasing a 2007 Monaco Simba Safari 38PBT. In some forums I found individuals referring to the 2007 Monaco's as having a problem with the windshields cracking or coming completely out. Does anyone know which models of the Monaco's had this problem and how were they resolved? Also, if you have comments about this model please share some info with me.
txgramps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2015, 08:49 AM   #2

I have an '07 Endeavor. First windshield lasted 6 years. Had a stress crack that went across the corner in the upper left. Finally caught a rock dead center and had a crack right down the middle. Had it replaced by local company that didn't have expertise in big RV windshields. Came unseated after 18 months. Luckily I caught another rock. Found a glass company this winter in the Mesa AZ area that new Monaco issues.

They took the time to explain the issues such as not enough support and miss sized openings. Their word of caution was to make sure to try to hit obstacles such a low curbs in campgrounds and dips at entrances at a ninety degree angle to prevent twisting the front cap.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:06 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I don't know of any specific issue with the windshield. This model is the same as the Monaco Knight except for the engine. Be sure to see that the trailing arms have been replaced.
WheelCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:56 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVThunder View Post

They took the time to explain the issues such as not enough support and miss sized openings. Their word of caution was to make sure to try to hit obstacles such a low curbs in campgrounds and dips at entrances at a ninety degree angle to prevent twisting the front cap.
Yeah, like that's always possible !
Old 05-30-2015, 06:02 AM   #5

Windshield

We had an issue a year ago. Driving along I4 and hit some really rough construction - the porpoiseing caused the windshield to break free from the seal. Lots of wind noise but no cracks. I have resealed the windshield and installed the ride enhancement kit from Source Engineering. Best mod I have done. The ride is much smoother and the porpoising stopped.

I also replaced the trailing arms a couple of years ago.

Frank and Jeannie
2007 Cayman
JustCruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:58 PM   #6

Our windshield came out

Not all the way. Ours is a 2006 Monaco Monarch 30 pdd, and the top edge came mostly out of the gasket. We had been towed the month before, and my guess is the twisting by the tow truck caused the problem. Glass shop got it back in,with lots of glue to hold, and no guarantee ($600 bucks later ). How do you only cross curbs or enter driveways at a 90 degree angle? This trip will tell if the repair holds. I put an index line on the glass to help see if there's any movement.
jcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #7

We fought the windshield popping out for two years until we finally took it to Alliance RV in Wildwood, FL. They fixed it correctly and we have had no further problems for the past four years. The windshield on ours required adhesive as well as the rubber gasket and everyone was trying to use sealer with the gasket. We hated the big windshield until it was fixed and of course we would not want anything else now.

Tags
monaco