Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Has anyone had a problem with the large side by side ref and freezer. Ours has several problems. It collects ine in the freezer compartment during the def. cycle. After a week we have a big slug of ice in the drain area. Second problem. Our fron air conditioner has quit working. Monaco said it is low on freon. Is their a swith to reset it? This is the coach air not the cab air.
Thanks for your help.
Corvette Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Has anyone had a problem with the large side by side ref and freezer. Ours has several problems. It collects ine in the freezer compartment during the def. cycle. After a week we have a big slug of ice in the drain area. Second problem. Our fron air conditioner has quit working. Monaco said it is low on freon. Is their a swith to reset it? This is the coach air not the cab air.
Thanks for your help.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:13 AM   #3

It sounds like your freezer section drain is clogged. You might be able to see something from the outside compartment but first I would completely defrost the freezer, allowing the temperatures to completely get to room temperature in case there is a frozen plug of ice in the drain line somewhere.

When you say your AC has quit working, what do you mean? The fan won't blow or the blowing air stays warm, or what??
Les Stallings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The blowing air is warm. The condenser tries to kick on but does not. I see the amp meter in the coach go to about 15 then back to 4 or 5 then up to 65 and then back down to 4 or 5. I hope that explains what is happening.
As far as the ref. is concerned it won't cool past 47 in the ref part and 0 in the freezer part. The 0 is ok but the 47 has me bugged. This is after it has run all night with the door closed.
Thanks for your help. I plan to take it to the dealer when we get back in town.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Since your MH is a 2007, I'll bet it's a bad start capacitor, as there was a bad batch of them in 2006.

Both of my AC's had to have them replaced.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I also have a 07 knight and had the same problems with the refer that you describe. It would do ok on ac but LP could not keep it cool. I took it down to Ind. factory repair center and they boxed in the rear of the unit so it gets rid of the hot air more effeintly That was last Oct. So in a couple weeks I will be going down to KY. and will see if it works.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:47 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We had a new 2007 Tropical before our Diplomat. It had the low profile air conditioners and both went out within two weeks of each other with the same problem. Yep, bad start capacitors. They were made south of the border and the new ones I ordered were not and looked more substantial. I bet they were trying to cut cost and back tracked after so many failures.

Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Route 66:
Since your MH is a 2007, I'll bet it's a bad start capacitor, as there was a bad batch of them in 2006.

Both of my AC's had to have them replaced. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:43 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for all the good advise. I have an appointment with Fl. Monaco service center and will have both air conditioners checked out. This forum is the best as are the people. Thanks again.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:14 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I have an '06 Knight and went through the start capacitor thing as well. Since they replaced both units, they have worked perfectly (over a year now). If you get adventurous, you can open the top of the unit and find the offending capacitor. It is usually oozing with black gook. If you can't wait for the service appt, you can just replace that cap.

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote