Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2021, 03:19 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2008 Camelot black and gray tank capacities

Hi!

I looked through the manual and could not find the black and gray tank capacities. Does anyone know what they are for a 2008 Monaco Camelot? Our Black tank fills way before our Gray tank. The black tank seems to go yellow at 16 gallons and red (so it does not flush) at 38 gallons.

Thanks!!!
Ldcrowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2021, 03:25 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Going by memory 44gal black 75gal grey.

You must have a different floor plan than us as our toilet has no shut off, and is mounted directly above the black tank.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:36 PM   #3

the 08 Camelot broichure lists tank capacities here: https://www.monacocoach.com/resource...13_brc_pdf.pdf
Old 04-13-2021, 03:59 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks!!!
Ldcrowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 06:08 AM   #5
YC1

I suspect you have a macerator toilet or maybe two of them. They consume a lot of water. You can program their level of water and on mine there are two buttons to select the type of flush needed.

When boondocking we would turn the water pump off if using only the golden flow mode to conserve water.

To make things a bit more difficult the yellow tank sensor was a bit low on the tank and would start showing yellow at a lower level than I desired. I removed it and reinstalled it a bit higher. Not the simplest task when the water bay is hidden with fancy plastic.

Remodeling the water bay has made it very simple to access things now. Four bolts and the panel begins to come forward to access everything.

The in tank sprayer was installed on the far end of the tank and did not provide any cleaning of the sensors so that was moved/replaced and mounted in a very close shot of the insides of the tank sensor mounting areas.

The hole where the original sprayer was mounted was enlarged and a screw in deck lid was installed. We full time and this allows a great inspection of the inside of the tank as well as cleaning it thoroughly.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 03:52 PM   #6

Myron,
I am thinking about removing the panel and inspecting my level sensors, I like your idea of moving the sprayer to the side next to the sensors. I wonder if I could install another sprayer on the sensor side so that I could spray both sides at the same side?
Old 04-23-2021, 04:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit12 View Post
Myron,
I am thinking about removing the panel and inspecting my level sensors, I like your idea of moving the sprayer to the side next to the sensors. I wonder if I could install another sprayer on the sensor side so that I could spray both sides at the same side?
If you have the Aladdin pressure-type sensors, they are notorious for clogging. Anything you can do the help their longevity would be worthwhile.
Old 04-24-2021, 05:29 AM   #8
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit12 View Post
Myron,
Did that for a time using quick disconnects to select between the two. I have my outside shower spray head adapted so it can connect to the in tank sprayer thus using hot water for the job.

After a time I just removed the far one (original), enlarged the hole and installed a clear deck plate. The hole is very large and provides easy access for a real cleanout when the pressure washer is at hand.

I have not added a clean out to the gray tank but have been giving that some thought recently. We full time so soap could be built up etc.

I just helped a friend with his 2000 Diplomat. His in tank sprayer is in a great place but not perfect. It was mostly plugged and they get often so removing it and enlarging the holes a bit really helps. I then added a few holes at an angle so they would definitely spray the sensor areas.

While there and checking the sensor screws the ground one was found quite loose.

In any case, is non functioning sensors which he wanted to replace are now working perfectly do to one of those maintenance items.

My water bay has had several major overhauls. The hose reel did not allow the hose to come down straight through the access hole. I had to unreel it mostly by hand and play with it to get it out properly.

Turning the hose reel around the hose now falls from the stop down and straight out. Changing the switch allows the reel to be powered in and out.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/blac...ml#post4059567

The panel has been recovered since these were taken. The vinyl just did not want to stick using spray adhesive. I could have used liquid contact adhesive but did not really like the look of the vinyl. The panel is covered in a carbon fiber looking peel and stick material

The wet bay may not be as pretty as it was from factory but it sure is more functional than ever...
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gray tank, tank