RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2020, 09:29 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to CapnDean
2008 Camelot Rookie with questions

Greetings to all!

Have been an IRV2 member for awhile, but have owned a 2002 Fleetwood Discovery 37T - so I have been linked up with that group.

I just bought a 2008 Camelot 42PDQ. It has 40K miles on it and is SWEEEEET.

The PO zip tied the driver & passenger power shades in the UP position because they stopped working and he could not get them up. Pressing any of the buttons makes absolutely no change not even a bump. Its as if the fuse is blown on BOTH shades. Driver has control over driver and passenger, passenger only has control of passenger side - but NOTHING OCCURS when any switch is chosen. I have squinted over the build sheet and the fuse panel diagram and can find nothing that would resemble a fuse to check, anybody got any ideas where to look?

My unit has 3 roof mount AC's - Zone 1,2 & 3. Zone 2 ac will not operate solo. If I try to run zone 2, the fan will come on for maybe 15 seconds and then it will shut down. BUT: If I run Zone 1, get it blowin & goin, and then select zone 2 - it will kick in and run as it should.

I can use zone 3 and do the same thin SO LONG AS Zone 1 is OFF. If (for example I get zone 1 & 2 running and then cut on Zone 3 - - Zone 2 shuts off. [I am assuming this may be a load shed thing but I dunno]

ANY help/pointers greatly appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2020, 09:35 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
What shorepower are you hooked up to, 30 amp or 50 amp?
Old 10-21-2020, 10:03 PM   #3

The front electrical panel, located roadside ahead of the front wheel, contains relays and mini-fuses.
Specific assignments are noted on a label on the inside of the bay door.

Check there for those Driver/Passenger Fuses/relays
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:13 PM   #4

Also, check the dip switches on the units themselves (from the inside under the ceiling panel) and on the thermostat need to be set correctly. Mine were not set right on my 2008 Monaco Dynasty.

When my front unit went out under warranty, the tech found out that the dip switches were incorrect. The front unit and middle unit would come on at the same time. Honestly, I don't remember now what the correct settings are but all was good after the tech set them right.

I remember that the tech had to go in the cabinet behind the thermostat to access those dip switches.

I hope that this helps.

Safe travels,
Mark
Old 10-21-2020, 11:50 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to Monaco owners!

The power shades have a fuse/breaker in the front run bay (outside below the drivers feet). It's on board 11, Fuse 4, 6 amps. (Ours is a small breaker but some are fuses). It powers both shades.

The relay is in the Intelletec system fuse board (usually in the rear closet). Should be Fuse 2, 5 amps.

More than likely they are Carefree of Colorado shades and the motors are bad. Try putting a voltmeter on the wires going to the shades.

The shades are installed with 2 screws, one on each end. Ours were square drive.

If you need new shades, I purchased ours from PPL as they had the best price and fast shipping.
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/.../shades-visors

Do you have two Dometic 5 button thermostats? If so, try reprogramming them. It's fairly easy. Slide the small black switch on the bottom forwards to off. Then hold down the top and bottom buttons while turning the switch on. You will see FF in the display.
Then release and try your A/C systems.
If this doesn't help, I think you are going to have to get into the load sharing relays and figure out if one or more is bad.
Do you also have a clothes dryer? Make sure it's off when trying the A/C systems.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:59 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnDean View Post
Greetings to all!

Have been an IRV2 member for awhile, but have owned a 2002 Fleetwood Discovery 37T - so I have been linked up with that group.

I just bought a 2008 Camelot 42PDQ. It has 40K miles on it and is SWEEEEET.

The PO zip tied the driver & passenger power shades in the UP position because they stopped working and he could not get them up. Pressing any of the buttons makes absolutely no change not even a bump. Its as if the fuse is blown on BOTH shades. Driver has control over driver and passenger, passenger only has control of passenger side - but NOTHING OCCURS when any switch is chosen. I have squinted over the build sheet and the fuse panel diagram and can find nothing that would resemble a fuse to check, anybody got any ideas where to look?

Driver side/ front. Below the driver's window.

Try CHECKING FUSE # F9
That is the fuse that controls my front windshield shade's mine too blew and that was the fuse.

My unit has 3 roof mount AC's - Zone 1,2 & 3. Zone 2 ac will not operate solo. If I try to run zone 2, the fan will come on for maybe 15 seconds and then it will shut down. BUT: If I run Zone 1, get it blowin & goin, and then select zone 2 - it will kick in and run as it should.

LETS BE CAREFUL HERE.... Mine had the same issue...BUT let me ask you this.... Are you plugged into 50amps sore power or running the gen-set when you are trying to run all 3 a/c 's ?? 30amps is not enough amps to run all 3 A/C units.

Here is what happened to mine ...... UNIT #2 (Middle A/C) runs independently... Unit # 1 and 3 Front a/c and bedroom a/c are controlled from a (50amp EMS Control Module) located in your electrical panel in the master bedroom. Mine exploded and caught fire. Luckily I was in the RV when this happened. I had to replace the 50amp EMS Control Module. The cost was over $400.00 and I installed the Module myself. If you are having issues with your A/C's it could be linked to this 50amp EMS Control Module.

Also I would try cleaning the A/C units,( on the rooftop) a plugged up condenser will cause an A/C unit to run hot and shut down.
I hope this information helps you.

Frank.

I can use zone 3 and do the same thin SO LONG AS Zone 1 is OFF. If (for example I get zone 1 & 2 running and then cut on Zone 3 - - Zone 2 shuts off. [I am assuming this may be a load shed thing but I dunno]

ANY help/pointers greatly appreciated.

See answer's above.
Quick68 is offline   Reply With Quote