Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2022, 02:23 PM   #1

2008 Cayman Power Distribution Panel

I found the rear AC was not getting power. It turned out to be a bad solenoid on the Intellitec 750 panel control board. I read through the previous posts on this issue, but still had a few questions.

First, Intellitec is confusing as hell on the website. They do not list parts for my 750 panel, but instead list "2004 upgrade". The cost of panels that look like mine are from $350 to $450...which sounds a bit high for a simple control board, especially since I cannot confirm which board I need.

Since it is merely a fried solenoid, has anyone tried replacing a solenoid? A $10 solenoid sounds a lot better than several hundred $

For now I have the rear AC hot wired to work all the time while I figure out how to handle this.
Cj D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2022, 03:42 PM   #2

Can share a pic? Of what it looks like. Many owners have replaced solenoid relays.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:41 PM   #3

The board is still in use...with a lot of power running through it. With the 105 degree days we're having I can't take it out of service yet to take a picture...or until I have a replacement in hand ready to go.

This is not a plug and play solenoid, but rather soldered to the board.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:01 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I had the 750 Intellitec EMS system but it was fried when my house got hit with a close lightening strike.

I contacted M&M Electronics and they walked me through troubleshooting but confirmed the board was bad. They offered the upgrade to the 760 system which consisted of a new board, load meter, and wiring harnesses. I could have tried to buy the parts separately from different sources but went with M&M because they took the time to try and help me and was able to ship my package to a location I was traveling to. Not a bad install, all the components cost me ~$450 in 2014!!

But if you are in a bind with only one circuit that you need you can simply bypass the board by wiring directly to the service panel breaker. If you are plugged into 50 amp service or running the generator you can bypass all the circuits. If you are plugged into 30 amp you have to manage your load to stay under 30 amp, basically 1 AC and misc stuff. That's what I did just to get one AC circuit working.

FWIW, the bad component you mention is a "RELAY" instead of a solenoid.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 07:54 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
As Jim mentions, call M & M. They are very helpful over the phone. 419 965-3014

Your circuit board should have the model number printed on it. I was having issues with mine a few years ago. I opted to replace the board ($250 range about 5 years ago), but I didn't have to upgrade the entire system as Jim J did. I doubt you will either as your coach is newer than mine.

You could try replacing the 'relay', but these boards don't like the heat and mine got plenty due to it being in a closet above the engine. I doubt M&M sells just the relay, but you can ask.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 08:12 PM   #6

Thanks guys. I'll have to see if I can find a PN on the board.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:48 PM   #7
YC1

You will likely find the circuit board damaged around the solder joints of the relay so a new one is probably needed.

Those things are buried inside those panels and often if very hot areas so they suffer murderous temperatures.

I have or had a sack of the relays ready to replace when I removed my board No dice. It was absolutely wasted.

I am an Electronic tech that retired from my own service business so know plenty about replacing solenoids and soldering.

You could get lucky but it might be a matter of time before other things die on the board.

Fortunately you can remove the board and bypass the relays while waiting for a new one. I believe I found mine on Amazon but it has been years.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel, power