Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2021, 10:52 PM   #1

2008 Diplomat PDQ inside lights

I am looking to replace the inside lights to LED. My small lights in the in the Ceiling do not have numbers on them so I do not know what to cross reference them with for LED bulbs. I took out a couple of the bulbs above the sinks and they do not have numbers either so I have the same problem. So I am asking what LED bulbs you guys are installing?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2021, 07:21 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit12 View Post
I am looking to replace the inside lights to LED. My small lights in the in the Ceiling do not have numbers on them so I do not know what to cross reference them with for LED bulbs. I took out a couple of the bulbs above the sinks and they do not have numbers either so I have the same problem. So I am asking what LED bulbs you guys are installing?
Might be helpful if you took a few photos of the light fixtures and the bulbs.

In mine, I replaced the entire fixture for the small round spot lights under the cabinets with these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the flourescent lights, I did the work to remove the guts of them and simply put some LED strip lights inside them instead. I didn't bother trying to stay with the same fixture setup as they are kinda nitche.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CSKQEV8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Instead I just wired in these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As a side note, I ran a new wiring to the other side of the stove from the light fixture above the sink. I then added one of these LED strips to the other side which turns on with the sink light. What a difference. Lights up the whole counter really nicely now and sidelights the stove from both sides.

As another sidenote, I also took those LED strips and placed them around the engine bay walls and hooked up a little flasher controller on two different circuits. I park at time in pack rat territory, and they hate flashing lights. So far, I have not had any damage to engine wiring with these running all the time. Probably looks a little cool when I'm driving at night light like my engine sending out sparks. Pack rat rewiring is very expensive. These are cheap.
04 Monaco DST 40'-Cum330ISC/Onan7.5K Gen/Silverleaf VMSpc/Garmin760MLT/WeBoost 4GX-OTR/EEZ Tire Mon/ReadyBrake->Rdmstr->'21 Jeep Glad Dsl/17KWh LFP/RO House Water/2400W solar roof/Victron MPPTs-Cerbo/Magnum 3000 Hybrid Inv-Chrg/Starlink ROAM
gsgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 01:51 PM   #3

Is each puck lite 240 lumens or is that the lumes for 8 fixtures. 30 lumens is nothing?
Thanks
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 04:47 PM   #4

Here is what I believe I put in all my puck lights back in 2019. All work flawlessly and Superbright has excellent customer service. I called and they walked me through the best choices.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...0-lumens/4214/

Good luck!
Doug.terri5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
Is each puck lite 240 lumens or is that the lumes for 8 fixtures. 30 lumens is nothing?
Thanks
Each puck is 240. They are just as bright as the ones I replaced. I also like the look a little better than the original pucks...more modern.
04 Monaco DST 40'-Cum330ISC/Onan7.5K Gen/Silverleaf VMSpc/Garmin760MLT/WeBoost 4GX-OTR/EEZ Tire Mon/ReadyBrake->Rdmstr->'21 Jeep Glad Dsl/17KWh LFP/RO House Water/2400W solar roof/Victron MPPTs-Cerbo/Magnum 3000 Hybrid Inv-Chrg/Starlink ROAM
gsgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 06:34 AM   #6
YC1

Great Links and information Greg. I am going to give the pucks a try and check out the fluorescent tube replacements.

I recently changed out all of the 110 bulbs in my garage to 110 volt replacement fluorescent bulbs. Very easy job and finding a mix match of ballasts and tubes made the decision even easier. The lights are very bright and give off little heat. The energy savings should be substantial.

I have had led's in the puck lights for many years now with no failures. Now to find a decent fixture to change out the bedroom sconces over the head of the bed. Nothing I have looked at seems to be what I need. Maybe it is time to look at installing something new and dimmable??? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #7

Here is a picture of the lights I am talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D2D5195E-9961-4F36-8FD5-28A7C5EF2B56.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	348.1 KB
ID:	345567  
Mit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 05:00 PM   #8

Mit12,

in post #4, I gave you the link to an LED that will work to replace the bottom bulb in your photo. I know they don’t look the same but they work fine and fit well in the puck light. I have a different kitchen although a sister coach to yours, so the puck lights are identical. The top bulb in your picture is a standard 194 bulb. I have a different kitchen and my coach doesn’t use any 194 bulbs in the interior.

Again, I’d either head to a place like batteries plus or call a reputable supplier and they’ll steer you to what you need depending on the application.

Super bright did well by me.
Doug.terri5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diplomat, light, lights