Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2018, 05:47 PM   #1

2008 Dynasty Queen with DRL? issue, need help.

Been searching for hours, found nothing of any significant help. Do not have any wiring diagrams to figure this one out. My brothers 2008 Queen has had a relay failure. Relay was melted. Seems to be a DRL relay. Relay was replaced, low beams stayed on at all times, key on, key off, only "disconnecting" chassis batteries would kill power thru this relay that is keeping low beams on.

The normally closed (NC) terminal on the board side is constant 12V + I would assume this would NOT be "hot" but the NO contact would feed 12+ to the DRL low beams once key was turned to acc or run, and the coil closed the relay to illuminate the lights.

With this relay removed, all headlight functions still operate normally. Have not found any chafed wires or harnesses to suspect a short backfeeding to the DRL relay. No damages.

Have not found a fault to cause high amperage failure of the relay, suspect dirty contacts caused relay failure being that it turned the low beam lights on anytime ignition was on.

Does anyone have either direct knowledge of the "DRL" wiring and system operation or have a wiring diagram for the HEADLAMP/DRL SYSTEM?

Trying not to remove and disassemble the whole panel, wiring harness, etc unless I have to.

Built on a workhorse chassis. 2008 Dynasty Queen.

Thanks,
Man on a mission
Spencer
Spencer & Tracie RVM#62
2013 RAM 3500DRW 4x4 Laramie, Cummins, 385HP,850FTLBS Aisin Trans
2014 DRV Elite Suite 41RESB4
Spare puller:2004 RAM3500DRW Cummins (DW's truck)
Roosters 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2018, 08:50 PM   #2

I suspect you have the wrong relay now .
Can you read numbers on the melted relay ?
Monaco used a special relay on some models , the one I recall is a
Hamsar H8005B .
I believe that is a Canadian co .

Look down on this page there is a box labeled similar threads you may find
useful info there .

BTW a Dynasty is not built on a Workhorse chassis it is built on a Roadmaster

Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:40 AM   #3

Ray, Thanks for the info.

I found NW RV Supply in WA, they were excellent on their efforts to find a diagram even though they did not have the one we need. I am guessing this is just going to be a "dig out the voltmeter" and start digging type of project! Going to be fun.

Thanks again.
Spencer & Tracie RVM#62
Old 12-16-2018, 06:13 PM   #4

Is that unit a DP? Monaco never built a Dynasty on a Workhorse as that is a gas chassis. We had the same problem in our Dynasty. The DRL relay melted and blew the circuit board with the electronics for the DRL and some more items. Hard to find that model of relay. I called the mfr. and they gave me the name of a Canadian truck parts store and they ordered it. Check all the wires in that area as some may have melted. I was bale to buy that board from Monaco. But that was then!!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:04 AM   #5
YC1

Maybe one of these will help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Front lights (headlights etc).pdf (92.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: pdf Headlights 3.pdf (53.8 KB, 33 views)

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:55 PM   #6

YC1, That may very well be the winner! Not to be greedy, do you happen to have any other diagrams ? Chassis? Coach? Feel free to send me a Private Message . In advance, Thanks very much! Will let you know if one of those applies.
Spencer & Tracie RVM#62
Old 12-18-2018, 07:06 AM   #7
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosters 67 View Post
YC1, That may very well be the winner! Not to be greedy, do you happen to have any other diagrams ? Chassis? Coach? Feel free to send me a Private Message . In advance, Thanks very much! Will let you know if one of those applies.
I have too many files to send. I bought a CD from monaco and also had access to their system for a short time so downloaded a lot of material.

A lot of the files are things you can get online yourself, however I know there are lots you cannot get.

PM me with your home address and I will arrange to send them to you. I am recovering from surgery so it will be several weeks. In the mean time I can send specific things when needed.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help