Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2020, 01:32 PM   #1

2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34SBD??

Looking at a 2008 HOLIDAY RAMBLER VACATIONER 34SBD. Never owned a DP before so I'm looking for advise on them. Is this a good coach? I know it's a Monaco. It's powered by a 6.7 Cummins 340hp diesel engine with Allison 6 speed Transmission. I believe that's a good combo? Sitting at 52k miles right now.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2020, 10:57 AM   #2

Good morning Superdad: I see you have not gotten a response yet to your post. I have no experience with that model, but many who have had that level of coach with a diesel engine and a chassis that rides on leaf springs do not have much good things to say about the ride and handling. Read another post in the last month or so about an owner with that same chassis and he said it was the worst ever. If you use the search box at the top right of this page you might be able to read some previous posts on the question you are asking. These answers are from owners who either like or dislike their Vacationer and the reasons why. Hope you get some more answers here. I would not personally have a DP coach riding on leaf springs. I have an 01 Windsor riding on the 8 air bag suspension and to me it is the only way to go. You will have to move up the model ladder to get an air ride chassis. To me it's worth the extra cash in the long run for a better ride down the road!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, holiday rambler