Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2019, 05:55 PM   #43

Forest River Owners Club
OK the rain let up, sun came out, got warm and then tornado warnings!

I was just out and confirmed that the headlight wiring is a mess. There are splices everywhere and even further back in loom it was split and wires spliced in. I don't know how they did it, they must have removed the generator to get access because I can only stick my head in and one hand. I have no idea what wire goes where!

I examined the green board in the electrical bay more closely this time and discovered a second DRL socked on the board. The one with the current DRL was screwed beside the board makes me thing it was an add on.

I switched the DRL module to the socket on the board but it made no difference - DRL led rings (and clearance lights) come on with the switch pulled, high beams work and still no headlights.

Checked all the fuses etc and pulled a couple but all OK.

Somehow I've got to figure out the headlights or start building a new circuit just for the headlights. Getting frustrated! Four more days of rain forecast as well.

Chris
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2019, 02:34 PM   #44

Forest River Owners Club
Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

OK I've been thinking (a bad thing) - the DRL should only be for daytime running lights. I think that the relay should be activated (contacts closed) by the ignition being turned on (maybe with some inter locks with transmission and brakes?).

I thought that the DRL was also involved with headlights etc but upon reflection they should be on a different circuit.

I noticed a headlight relay on the circuit board (replaced it with the spare but no difference) so headlights should be totally separate. So I shouldn't be focusing on the DRL lights (yet) but on the headlights. When our miserable weather clears I want to do the following:

1. Test the headlight relay to ensure it works (Googled it and lots of u-tube videos on how it works).

2. Replace the headlight bulbs (or make this number one).

3. Test the relay socket for any power and then apply 12v to whichever blade is supposed to provide power to the headlights.

4. Replace all the fuses associated with the lights even if they look good.

5. Test the DRL relay and socket to see if it works and if so maybe rewire it directly to the LEDs and make sure it does not turn on the running lights.

6. Have a couple of beer and see if I can find an 12v source to put in a new relay just for the headlights. The area available to work in is limited and I'm not a small guy anymore (and I mean I didn't grow upwards!).

7. If nothing else works have a couple of shots of vodka and re-think the whole thing.

Open to suggestions.

Chris
Old 06-03-2019, 03:33 PM   #45

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sounds like a good plan!

Only thing I would do different is replace the vodka with Crown Royal !
Old 06-03-2019, 06:57 PM   #46
YC1

These fit my 2008 Endeavor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:25 PM   #47

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Myron, those look much taller, and narrower than Scepter / Camelot headlights.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:08 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
I looked at my coach and only dash lights for headlights is the high beam indicator, in blue.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:51 PM   #49

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
I looked at my coach and only dash lights for headlights is the high beam indicator, in blue.
Ok thanks, that's what I have - I'm still wondering where that headlight tile came from though?

I'm getting together a parts list for headlights, might wait a few days as I have to go to the US (Ogdensburg NY) later this week to pick up my new 16' slide awning topper. Parts will be cheaper there if I can track them down in a couple of hours (DW wants to go do some grocery shopping as well - only some many hours in a day)

Chris
Old 06-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbdsl View Post
Ok thanks, that's what I have - I'm still wondering where that headlight tile came from though?

I'm getting together a parts list for headlights, might wait a few days as I have to go to the US (Ogdensburg NY) later this week to pick up my new 16' slide awning topper. Parts will be cheaper there if I can track them down in a couple of hours (DW wants to go do some grocery shopping as well - only some many hours in a day)

Chris

Did you ever figure out the lights issue?
Old 06-06-2019, 05:44 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to CFXCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbdsl View Post
OK, first off, I'm not sure the headlights 100% worked when I bought the MH. It (supposedly) had a safety inspection by the dealer before I bought it but I did find out after the 1st trip that one signal light was missing the bulb and socket (I've added a LED amber strip under each headlight for signals).

Now in my defense I've never driven it at night and my pre-trip inspection included checking signal lights and brake lights.

Sooo I decided to check the headlights and I'm supposed to have Daytime Running Lights (DRL) as well.

Well no DRL (there is a module in the electrical bay) and no normal headlights. Pulling the headlight switch will give me dash lights etc but no headlights.

Fog lights work fine. High beams work fine.

Where would I have to look to try and solve this (have checked the headlight fuse #24 in the board) and it is OK.

Also the headlights don't seem to be OEM as they don't fit well in the opening. The number is SAE CARRI TB540BW DOT H7 and the only vague reference I could find was for a European model BMW for around $400 each.

Anyone have their headlight number for a similar unit? Also any ideas how to trouble shoot this issue?

Thanks

Chris

Headlight pics below
These are the headlights in my 2007 Scepter (Hella AP2 DOT SAE HR 15 P 95). Make sure bulbs are not blown. I had headlight issue about 5 years ago. The problem, after tracing the headlight power wire, was a blown fuse in a connecter plug attached on the bottom of the electrical box containing all the 12v fuses in compartment under the driver. See pic below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	248847
CFXCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:08 PM   #52

Was the safety done by the same dealer that sold it to you? Should have taken it to a different place for safety.
Bazou7101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:23 PM   #53

Look through this site . He has a DRL module that he sells and talks about .
Maybe you can find some useful info there .

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:20 AM   #54
YC1

Not to take the subject off track, but did you CFXCH, replace a bad bird board with that intellitech device? And if so, is that the one with the generator input sense line? Just want to add this to my archives for the future since the little megatech board is no longer available.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 06:58 AM   #55

Chris, not sure if this will help but my 2004 Dynasty had the same issue but with the factory headlights. After hours of searching and tracing I found the problem was burning in the plug contacts of the VIP smart wheel master controller. I was able to temporarily and crudely repair the board and will be having a new one made by VIP for $170.

The weird thing is, I haven’t yet found any fuses for my low beams but only high beams and fog.
Maybe this will help somehow.

RickClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8208.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	356.0 KB
ID:	248911Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8218.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	418.9 KB
ID:	248912

The new replacement is an SM 210
Old 06-07-2019, 08:18 AM   #56

the icon might be from dash take a flashlight and shine it in the dash and it should show a open hole for it
htbotdvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlight, light