Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #1

2008 Monaco Knight Slide

I have 4 slides in my rig. I am not sure if they are electric or hydralic? Anyone know what is moving them around?

Steve__
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2009, 02:00 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
This link should get you to the correct manufacturer. Good Luck.

BAL - Innovative Products for the RV Industry
chiefdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdomino View Post
I have 4 slides in my rig. I am not sure if they are electric or hydralic? Anyone know what is moving them around?

Steve__
It should be electric, take a look inside the street side bays inside top, it should have an electric motor for the slide. To verify this call Monaco with your coach #. I belive that all Monacos under the Camelot are electric.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I know of three different types of slides that Monaco has been using. Our Diplomat has two of the three on it.

We have a hydraulic slide on the full slide. The other two slides have an electric motor powering it. I have also seen the "cable slides" which I believe also use an electric motor . You can actually see the cables when you have the slides out - so check your slides to see if you have a cable running at the top and the bottom on each corner of the slide.

Monaco should be able to answer that with the phone call - just have your coach number handy.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdomino View Post

Steve__
Bigdomino,

My mistake, Monaco Mama is correct. My last MH had electric slides and after seeing MM's reply it started me thinking, so I went out and checked, and both of my front slides are hydralic and the 2 rear sides are electric cable pull. My friend has a Dynasty and he told me that starting with the Camelots and up they have hydralic slides and below the Camelots are electric. I will correct him also.

Sorry for the mis-information I guess I need to retire and I'm close. Thanks MM for the correct info.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Just to mess you up more ...I know of at least one 2008 Camelot that has the cable slides also!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
My 2005 Safari Cheetah has two electric/non-cable slides in the bedroom and 2 hydraulic slides in the living room. Do not know if it is true on other coaches, the electric slides are fast, the hydraulic slides are slow and plodding!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Our 07 Knight with four slides are all electric. The curb rear bedroom slide is cable run by electric.
bborc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
My '09 Camelot has two hydraulic slides in the front, one cable pull in the BR, and one electric only in the BR. Looks like I got the best of everything ....
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #10

Smile Slides on 2008 Knight DFT

I have a 2008 Knight DFT (bath and a half floor plan) with full slide on roadside. Full slide is Power Gear Hydraulic with two pistons. The two curbside slides are both electric, bedroom has one Lippert gear and motor, and the Kitchen slide has two electric motors. I am in the process of replacing the gear box on the bedroom unit as the gears are plastic with two teeth missing (WHY??? Lippert), but the replacement they are sending has metal gears that I hope will last much longer. The missing teeth have caused the slide to stick in the "out" position several times requireing hand movement of the gear box to get off the missing teeth position.

RedWolf2426
RedWolf2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Here are the websites for the slides. Slide-out motor-cable. BAL Accu-slide @ (800) 347-2232 www.norcoind.com. Slide-out Motor Electric& Hydraulic. Lippert Components @ (866) 524-7821 www.lippertcomponents.com

Sorry for only listing one on my earlier post.
chiefdave is offline   Reply With Quote