Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #1

Question 2008 signature wiring issue

Greetings,I have 2 strange wiring issues.the 2 amber marker lights in front of the dual axle(1on each side)would stay barely illuminated all the time.they would get very bright with headlights on or running lights on but would not go out all the way.each of these led lights was drawing 2.3 amps from the house batteries.temporarily snipped the power wire to them to eliminate the draw.2nd issue...I heard a continuous clicking under the bed headboard and with each click the bedroom Aladdin monitor would briefly flash.located two 5 pin 20/30 amp relays doing the clicking.by disconnecting a red or black wire from either relay,both would stop clicking.with a wire removed now the Aladdin bedroom monitor will not power up.the coach has the multiplex wiring and it seems difficult to get info about it.thanks for any help.joe bauer
2008 sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #2

Hi Joe, that is a hard one. Although you have that mutplex control I would thing that the circuit for the running lights and the bedroom monitor are probably close to being the same as my 2004. So I need to go and get my wiring diagrams and study them. As far as the running lights...drawing 2.5 amps is a lot for side running lights. The question is that when they are on faintly and the light switch is off are any of the other lights glowing faintly. I believe what is hapening is what we call a "sneaker circuit" which simply means that some other circuit is using the running light circuit to complete the required ground of that other circuit. Those are real hard problems to find. There are some thing that I think I remember that are pecular to those particular running lights but I need to look at the wiring diagrams. As far as the monitor in the bedroom that will be the same thing I got to look at the wiring diagram. I should be going over to the Sig within the next few days and I will get back to you.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #3

I do not think that in 2008 the running lights are multiplexed. You can easily check to see if I am correct by looking at the Miltiplex controllers. They are all labeled . In our Dynasty the controllers are in the bedroom closet.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #4

Thanks for any help.it was only those two lights and no others that were barely on.also it was draining the house batteries not the chassis batteries.all of the running lights including these two would be fully illuminated when the switch or headlights were on.the 2.3 amp draw of each was confirmed when they were snipped and the draw dropped 4.6 amps.some draw (probably this) ruined year old lifeline agm batteries when the coach sat at camping 3 months with no shore power.everybody(except cw of course)agree that what ruined the batteries was sitting in a totally discharged state for an extended period
Old 11-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #5

That is interesting that it drained the house batteries and not the chassis batteries. Another good clue. So is there anything else either on the chassis or the hose side that does not work other than the bedroom monitor?
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #6

Sorry,I wasn't done typing and it froze up.anyway everything else is fine.the bedroom monitor won't come on because I disconnected the power to the relay that wouldn't stop clicking.if I plug the power back into the relay the monitor will come on but then the relay will click continuously and the monitor will flash with each click.these two wiring issues might be unrelated and somebody mentioned that the house security system might be the culprit????thanks again for any help.jb

Tags
wiring