RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2008, 07:32 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
About 10 days away from picking up the new Camelot and I thought I would share what I learned about the 2009. Monaco seems to address some of the issues mentioned in many of your posts--I know because I have been reading almost all of them on the forum.

For 2009 the front cap was changed a little--more like the Signature line. Window does not wrap around as much as on the 2008. The standard front door seal has changed to an air seal (like the Dynasty Executive etc). Apparently this produces less wind noise. The rear cap engine access door now seem to have two horizontal vents to keep the engine compartment cooler. Engine now 425 HP ISL, up from 400. 2000 watt inverter can be upgraded to pure sine wave as an option. The 40ft. is now only offered as a QDP floor plan. This just flips the PDQ floor plan side to side. Kitchen is now on the street side and dinette now curbside. The interior fixtures (faucets, door handles, light fixtures etc) are now oiled bronze (same as 08 Dynasty). Floor tile now has large and small tiles to create a more attractive pattern. LCD TV in bedroom now 26". Front TV remains 32", but now 37" is an option. Dash has changed with radio, dash air/heat controls and camera/GPS screen now closer to driver. Dash is now a dark burl color. Optional GPS is now Garmin. Radio now has a MP3 input and SD card slot. Home theater is RCA (not Magnadyne). I don't know if this new for 09 but I mention it because I have read so many complaints on the Magnadyne. As noted above, the Camelot benefits from its position in the Monaco lineup by sharing many features of more expensive Monaco coaches. As to the options my wife and I ordered they are as follows: Natural cherry cabinets, GPS system, Sirius radio, CB radio, daytime running lights, central vacumn, auxillary blower, washer/dryer combo, ceiling fan in bedroom, full tile in LR, sleep comfort air mattress in bedroom, leather street side sofa with air mattress, 2 Euro lounger recliners in lieu of sofa on curbside, 2000W pure sine wave inverter, 15K BTU AC's upgraded from 13.5K BTU, interior sun screens, the super savings package with 3 camera rear vision, solid surface kitchen sink, auto generator start, power water hose reel, and Sanicon system. In addition we are installing a 120 watt non-factory solar panel and controller. Also purchased a Progressive Industries portable 50 amp EMS surge protector.

Excuse me for getting a little carried away with this post, but we are very excited. This is our first DP (we had a 31 ft. gasser for 8 years) and we are anxious to hit the road. Will continue to post about what we discover on owning this coach to help others in making the right choice. Also would appreciate any suggestions you folks might have.

Duffy's Dad

2009 Camelot QDP 40ft.
Duffy's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2008, 07:32 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
About 10 days away from picking up the new Camelot and I thought I would share what I learned about the 2009. Monaco seems to address some of the issues mentioned in many of your posts--I know because I have been reading almost all of them on the forum.

For 2009 the front cap was changed a little--more like the Signature line. Window does not wrap around as much as on the 2008. The standard front door seal has changed to an air seal (like the Dynasty Executive etc). Apparently this produces less wind noise. The rear cap engine access door now seem to have two horizontal vents to keep the engine compartment cooler. Engine now 425 HP ISL, up from 400. 2000 watt inverter can be upgraded to pure sine wave as an option. The 40ft. is now only offered as a QDP floor plan. This just flips the PDQ floor plan side to side. Kitchen is now on the street side and dinette now curbside. The interior fixtures (faucets, door handles, light fixtures etc) are now oiled bronze (same as 08 Dynasty). Floor tile now has large and small tiles to create a more attractive pattern. LCD TV in bedroom now 26". Front TV remains 32", but now 37" is an option. Dash has changed with radio, dash air/heat controls and camera/GPS screen now closer to driver. Dash is now a dark burl color. Optional GPS is now Garmin. Radio now has a MP3 input and SD card slot. Home theater is RCA (not Magnadyne). I don't know if this new for 09 but I mention it because I have read so many complaints on the Magnadyne. As noted above, the Camelot benefits from its position in the Monaco lineup by sharing many features of more expensive Monaco coaches. As to the options my wife and I ordered they are as follows: Natural cherry cabinets, GPS system, Sirius radio, CB radio, daytime running lights, central vacumn, auxillary blower, washer/dryer combo, ceiling fan in bedroom, full tile in LR, sleep comfort air mattress in bedroom, leather street side sofa with air mattress, 2 Euro lounger recliners in lieu of sofa on curbside, 2000W pure sine wave inverter, 15K BTU AC's upgraded from 13.5K BTU, interior sun screens, the super savings package with 3 camera rear vision, solid surface kitchen sink, auto generator start, power water hose reel, and Sanicon system. In addition we are installing a 120 watt non-factory solar panel and controller. Also purchased a Progressive Industries portable 50 amp EMS surge protector.

Excuse me for getting a little carried away with this post, but we are very excited. This is our first DP (we had a 31 ft. gasser for 8 years) and we are anxious to hit the road. Will continue to post about what we discover on owning this coach to help others in making the right choice. Also would appreciate any suggestions you folks might have.

Duffy's Dad

2009 Camelot QDP 40ft.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:00 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We are also excited for you. But the first thing you must do is post lots of pictures showing us your new baby.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:19 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Make SURE every thing works BEFORE you take delivery -- If you don`t, you could be in for the most flusterating year of your life -- If you have the 14cf zig-zag- refer, make sure it`s making ice, look very close at the paint -- I don`t care how long it takes you - Check it out - If you`re buying from a dealer in Grass Valley, CA.,it`s even more important -- Bill Willard
William Willard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Radio now has a MP3 input and SD card slot. Home theater is RCA (not Magnadyne). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's interesting. I don't see that model on Magnadyne's web site. What's the model number? ...or is the radio another brand?

Congratulations on the new coach. It's a great upgrade for you, coming from your 31' gasser, and it sounds like you got a real beauty with all the extra's included. Lots of improvements on the 2009 model as well. (It's hard to believe they are delivering 2009 model coaches in the first quarter of 2008.)

Enjoy!! ...and have loads of fun with it.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Duffy's Dad<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Radio now has a MP3 input and SD card slot. Home theater is RCA (not Magnadyne).
then Robin says:
That's interesting. I don't see that model on Magnadyne's web site. What's the model number? ...or is the radio another brand? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Robin... read his sentence above again please! I don't think the RCA will be listed on the Magnadyne site!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:05 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Duffy's Dad..I am quite excited for you! It sounds like a well ordered coach Can't wait to meet the two of you next month!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We are also excited for you. But the first thing you must do is post lots of pictures showing us your new baby. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Drifter..I will make sure the photos abound!

MM

Old 03-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Your new coach sounds beautiful... can't wait to see pics. Also sounds like you ordered some great upgrades!

Brenda, of...
Old 03-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:
Radio now has a MP3 input and SD card slot. Home theater is RCA (not Magnadyne).

Then Robin says:
That's interesting. I don't see that model on Magnadyne's web site. What's the model number? ...or is the radio another brand?

Robin... read his sentence above again please! I don't think the RCA will be listed on the Magnadyne site! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>MM

I don't know if he means that just the home theatre amp is made by RCA or the radio also. Sounded to me like just the home theatre amp. If the radio is NOT Magnadyne than I want to know who makes it and what model it is, cause I want to find out more about it.

Back at ya...
Old 03-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I don't know if he means that just the home theatre amp is made by RCA or the radio also. Sounded to me like just the home theatre amp </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Alright..I'll give you that one ...and I will make sure I get the right info IF Duffy's parent don't know for sure when the "Troll toll is paid!

MM

Old 03-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for all your kind words. I don't actually know who makes the radio. I inquired about the home theater because I was hoping they would put in a Sony same as the Dynasty, but as far as I know it is an RCA. When I actually take delivery I will be sure and post about this along with a bunch of pictures.

Duffy's Dad

2009 Camelot QDP 40ft.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Robin...
Go to this link and then take the "Coach Quick Tour" Very soon into it you will see the stereo...pause & zoom in...What does IT look like to you???

MM

Old 03-26-2008, 03:31 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Robin...
Go to this link and then take the "Coach Quick Tour" Very soon into it you will see the stereo...pause & zoom in...What does IT look like to you??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I dunno. The display looks like the Magnadyne, but the rest of the unit doesn't look much like ours - except for the general shape. The brand name seemed to be consipicuously missing from the face plate. I did see the aux input and the SD slot that DD was talking about.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:29 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like a great RV. With my 08 Cayman I have a Magnadyne Radio that plays just Cd's. I hooked up cables to the back so I can plug in my IPOD. For the Entertainment center I have a 6 DVD RCA changer. I guess in older RVs the Magnadyne is also used to play DVDs to the entertainment center but now Monaco split them up to two different players which I think is a good idea.

2008 Monaco Cayman 38PBD
Up N Flames is offline   Reply With Quote