Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2009 Knight Bedroom Cable Slide

I bought this orphan in Nov 2009. Love the coach. Have found several problems......most have been minor, but I still have several to work thru. Here's the first, I would like to resolve. My cable slide-out seals in the out position, but in the "in" position the bottom of the slide has about a 1/4 inch gap from the lower seal to the body. The top is fine. Is this a cable adjustment or something else. Any help would be really appreciated. FYI...I also have the Prizm Extended service plan, but as you know doesn't cover factory problems.
Alga Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
rex

Monaco Owners Club
I think you have an Accu-Slide. If so it was made by:

BAL R.V. Products Group
2600 Jeanwood Drive
Elkhart, IN 46514
800-347-2232
http://www.norcoind.com/bal/products/oem/accuslide/index.shtml

Check out this video on replacing the cables
http://www.norcoind.com/bal/products/oem/accuslide/index.shtml

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Rex. I 'll check out the service manual and see if it tells me how to adjust it, so it seals top and bottom.
Alga
Old 09-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Compounded Problem

I read the BAL Svs Manual today. It looked like all I had to do was to adjust the cables, but thought I'd call Monaco and make sure that this was the correct procedure. They told me not to adjust the cables, but, instead to remove the cabinet and shelf system next to the floor, that I would find access to adjust the rollers. WRONG !!!! No Access. However, after pulling out the 3 Drawers, next to the floor, I found the installer had cut the shelf support and framing in 8 places, to make it fit. The shelf, had I sit on it would have broken in half. It was unbelieveable. After looking at the frame and taking a few measurements, all the installer needed to do was to relocate "1" screw, rather than cutting the frame to pieces. Upon further inspection, I found that the framing for the 2 drawers above the shelf was never secured to the wall. It was floating. These drawers were always canted out and never closed properly. I removed the complete frame assembly and will repair it and the upper drawer framing in the next few days.

Anyone with a 2009 model should check their bedroom cabinet framing as well. I don't know if the installer was incompetent or if this was a normal procedure in their final days. Good Luck.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Well I repaired the cut up frame today, to find the real reason they cut it up in the first place, other than the frame being too tall to slide into place. After installing the frame, I installed the drawers, only to find that they were so far out of square, that on one side of the drawer was 3/8" of an inch from the cabinet, while the other side was touching. The problem is that they siliconed the top on while not making sure the cabinet under it was square. So tomorrow I will attempt to cut the silicon between the top and the frame, so it can be resquared.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:26 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Good Luck. Ran into the exact same problems with my former 08 Knight and my current Ambassador. It was just plain shoddy workmanship during the timeframe immediately preceeding the bankruptcy declaration. In a way, I can't blame those Indiana workers but it's still no excuse. I did what you're doing now.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I was successful in breaking the silicon seal between the frame and the top. After squaring it up, everything fit perfectly. Today, I had to remove the Dimplex electric fireplace so that their service rep can replace the fan motor assy (under Dimplex warranty). I found that Monaco didn't even secure the fireplace in the cabinet. It was only wedged in (tight fit). I also found out why my remote for the fireplace didn't work. They didn't install the remote receiver in the cabinet. Dimplex sent me a new one which I installed and now it works perfectly. On the plus side, everything I've found so far has been fixable.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
If anyone's interested, I went back to adjust my cable slide today after ordering a flexible 3/8 drive , so I could use my ratchet, to make the adjustments. I followed the instructions in the BAL service manual. Nothing worked as described. After accidently checking one of the cables, to see where it actually went, I found all 8 cables were reversed. All the inside corners were actually outside corners and all the outside corners were actually inside corners. Also, the pulleys were backwards. I had to write a new logic sequence to be able to adjust the slide. The good news is everything is now adjusted correctly. Again p--- poor workmanship. I just have a hard time understanding how you can reverse everything, unless you can't read the installation manual. I hope everyone else isn't in this boat (so to speak).