Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2021, 07:28 PM   #1

2009 Monaco Leaning

2009 Monaco Leveling in travel mode
I have a 2009 Monaco Dynasty with a problem that wont go away. It will not level. In travel mode it leans to starboard allot. The technicians cant find any air leaks. They changed all three leveling valves and three air bags, and its still leaning. Power gear says in travel mode their system is locked out.
Any help with this problem would be very appreciated because as it is its unusable.
RogPog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2021, 01:33 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
It sounds like one of your rear ride height valves just needs to be adjusted.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ride Height adjusment-specs.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	346443  
Old 10-18-2021, 02:36 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
X2 on ride height.
Check your manual and will explain how to check and the measurements.

The ride height valve is separate from air leveling. There should be one ride height valve in the front and two in the rear, one for each side.

I decided to check mine ~3 weeks ago, had to adjust each one a little, not hard, loosened the nut just enough to be able to move the arm.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:35 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Just went thru this same leaning problem with my Camelot. Ended up replacing the ride-height valves and all related plumbing, only to find it was a bad connection at the sensor module

As an aside, my valves turned out to be different than what the 'parts book' said they were. Supposed to like what Tim shows in the drawing, but i had to do some digging to find the correct new ones. Old ones were Hadley, but that part is now made by 'Ridewell', who bought some models from them. No big deal, just another example of "snowflakes".
Old 10-19-2021, 01:51 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogPog View Post
2009 Monaco Leveling in travel mode
I have a 2009 Monaco Dynasty with a problem that wont go away. It will not level. In travel mode it leans to starboard allot. The technicians cant find any air leaks. They changed all three leveling valves and three air bags, and its still leaning. Power gear says in travel mode their system is locked out.
Any help with this problem would be very appreciated because as it is its unusable.
My second take: I have an HWH level system so may be different. If you have what some call "six pack valves" pull them and replace the three o-rings in each. They can leak so bad it can leave one side down. This happened to me and cause the coach to pull going down the road. Had the alignment done and all kinds possible faults checked before I resealed them. Once I sealed them it drives like a new coach. Here is a picture of what mine look like. There are six in the back and six in the front. These valves also made my coach have a crazy out of spec corner weights because the bags were twisting the chassis. I know everyone says the valves are out of the loop when driving, but if they are not closing or leaking this is what happens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Valves.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	346532  
Old 10-19-2021, 01:59 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Tim - May I ask what was the o-ring part number, and where'd you get them?

Since I've overhauled everything else under there, might as well redo them too.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:43 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Tim - May I ask what was the o-ring part number, and where'd you get them?

Since I've overhauled everything else under there, might as well redo them too.
I got the P/Ns from a post on here. There are three O-rings in each valve and the post had pictures and instructions on how to do it. It was life changing for my coach. I will try to find it.

Tim
Old 10-19-2021, 03:04 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Air Suspension Leaks
A large percentage of the time (maybe 90%+) the leaks are in the air solenoid valves, or "6 packs". They need new o-rings installed both inside the solenoid and also where the air lines insert into the solenoid.

You need to get the coach up in the air because after you locate the leaks you need to bleed the air down to work on the solenoids. If you do not have a lift, build some ramps from 2" X 12" boards stair stepped together.

Someone also posted a link to a leak detector spray product on Amazon that is superior at finding leaks.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001B00LOS...v_ov_lig_dp_it

This process takes lots of time and patience and very few shops have either. HWH will work on your system if you are near Iowa or Paul Maddox.

A good way to start would be to search this section and the Roadmaster section and pre-purchase the o-rings needed. Mike Canter suggests you use Dupont Viton orings. The internal oring is a -019 size, the large one on the bottom is a -028 and the small one on the bottom is a -015.

Then remove the 6-pack valves in both front and rear and rebuild them. Label all wires and air lines. It will help to have a special "pin wrench" tool and cannon plug pliers to get the valves apart.

Here are some links to get you started:
Air leak in chassis leveling system

You Tube video:

Hope this helps.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 04:31 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thank You for posting that Vito

Tim
Old 10-21-2021, 03:38 PM   #10

Thanks for every ones help with my problem. I'm talking about all of your replies with the tech. We'll see what happens and I'll post the results.
RogPog
Old 10-21-2021, 04:44 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
The 2009 Four and Six Pack valves are completely different than the earlier models. They have one "O" ring on each solenoid. I believe the "O" ring is an 019. I believe the 2006-2009 are the same.

Old 10-21-2021, 04:51 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the o-ring info, Tim
Old 10-22-2021, 01:11 PM   #13

My Signature suddenly starting airing up at a different attitude every time I started it and it was in travel mode (HWH 2000 Leveling system) First I replaced all 3 HCV,s (Hadley 450CE) and adjusted the ride height to 9". Once the coach was shut off and leaked down after several days, on restart, the unusual attitude came back. Upon searching the plumbing diagrams, I determined that it had to be the Travel Mode valves on the 6 pak. My problem was much worse in the front than the rear so I replaced the 2 front travel mode solenoids and problem was solved (one tested bad and one did not, but I wanted them to be the same strength so I replaced them both). HCV's were 17 years old so replacing them was probably a good idea anyway, and the old ones were really ratty once I took a closer look. If they do not work properly, it will be difficult to travel on the road safely. The leveling system gives the HCVs control of the coach when in travel mode, but the Travel Mode 6 Pak valves must work for that to happen.
GPrix11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:38 PM   #14

Thanks a bunch for the pictures and diagram. I'm sure that will be very helpful
RoPog

Tags
monaco