RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Question 2009 warranty help

We have a 6 month old 2009 Camelot. Overall it is wonderful, but has some minor issues as with any new coach. Our dealer tells us he will do minor warranty work as a showiing of goodwill. We have the following questions. Is the factory still doing warranty work and if not is it likely they will in the future? If the above looks dismal would an extended warranty be a wise investment and would it cover warranty work? If so which company can fellow member recommend--I feel with my luck I would by on backed by Madoff or AIG.

Thanks in advance

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #2

Unfortunatley most extended warranties do not cover the kinds of problems you will encounter while under factory warranty: adjustments, upholstery, structural, doors and windows, paint, flooring, etc. You do have warranty on indiviual appliances, pumps, etc. from the manufacturer of those items. Your dealer should be able to advise you on which things will be covered.

2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:25 AM   #3

I think next week after the bankruptcy hearings we will know more. Take the goodwill and run. There are several of us (myself definitely included) that want to know the warranty situation although I will be naive and think once this is done that current warranties will be in force. I have already touched base with my selling dealer and as of now they are in the goodwill position as well if you purchased there.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I spoke with people at Monaco yesterday, and was informed that there is NO warranty work being honored as of the filing date last week. Even if you had pre-authorization to have work done, to include work that has been completed (and not yet paid) or work that is now being completed. Hopefully, this may change some where down the line, but, it will be a long and drawn out process (if ever) for your warranty claims to be paid and for you to be reimbursed. All payments will have to be cleared by the judge (as explained to me)... I speak this from the heart, considering that I have a 2008 Signature that's had a major rebuild of the roof and now Monaco is telling me that I might have to foot the bill...

I think that anybody that has pending warranty claims should contact their legal representive to try and protect their rights.... It's a sad day that things have gotten to this, but please take steps to protect yourself.....
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I had a claim approved and was waiting for a check for over a month. It never arrived so I called last week and was told the same thing. NO CHECK. Only one person is still working and there is no word on whether they will be able to honor their "agreement" with us or any other warranty work. We are out of our regular warranty except for those included in our agreement which I suspect is in the porta potty.

Nedra
Nedra is offline   Reply With Quote