Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #1

2011 Holiday Rambler Trip 32PBS-Anyone

Anyone have any experience with these in any year or configuration? I've been doing research on these as the misses and I want to dip our feet into the waters before we buy the big one to make sure we are doing the right thing. I can't seem to find a ton of info on these and the prices are all over the board. I'm hoping someone has some experience with this model. Here's the one we are looking at:

2011 Holiday Rambler Trip 32PBS Class A Diesel Richmond, IN RV Wholesale Prices | Direct RV Sales | Wholesale RV Pricing

If you tell me to run, I'll run. Just back it up with fact and not heresay. So I put this to the good people here at iRV2 to throw out some knowledge, wisdom and help. Thanks in advance for anything you can provide.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #2

2011 Holiday Rambler Trip 32PBS-Anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatnobeer View Post
Anyone have any experience with these in any year or configuration? I've been doing research on these as the misses and I want to dip our feet into the waters before we buy the big one to make sure we are doing the right thing. I can't seem to find a ton of info on these and the prices are all over the board. I'm hoping someone has some experience with this model. Here's the one we are looking at:

2011 Holiday Rambler Trip 32PBS Class A Diesel Richmond, IN RV Wholesale Prices | Direct RV Sales | Wholesale RV Pricing

If you tell me to run, I'll run. Just back it up with fact and not heresay. So I put this to the good people here at iRV2 to throw out some knowledge, wisdom and help. Thanks in advance for anything you can provide.

Look for the thread here on the Monaco forum titled "Any Monaco Vesta Owners here". It has over 800 posts. The Vesta and Trip are sister coaches & you will find owners of both posting to this thread.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:33 AM   #3

Quote:

This unit would be almost the same as the Monaco Vesta. There are lots of posts from Vesta owners. I imagine that issues on the Trip would be very similar.
By the way, I think most owners seem to like them.
VestaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Look for the thread here on the Monaco forum titled "Any Monaco Vesta Owners here". It has over 800 posts. The Vesta and Trip are sister coaches & you will find owners of both posting to this thread.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Quote:
Originally Posted by VestaDave View Post
This unit would be almost the same as the Monaco Vesta. There are lots of posts from Vesta owners. I imagine that issues on the Trip would be very similar.
By the way, I think most owners seem to like them.
Thanks gents. I'm going to look that up. Since your name is Vesta Dave I would assume (maybe wrongly) that you own one and seem happy with it. Any quirks to look out for or pitfalls that are inherent in these bad boys?
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:02 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Go read the thread, keep on mind every coach has it's quarks. Most have been worked out in the thread by a great bunch of owners. The 2011 doesn't have the EB that has been a bit of a headache to some.

Gary Fleeman
2012 Vesta 35
jfleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Thanks gents. I'm going to look that up. Since your name is Vesta Dave I would assume (maybe wrongly) that you own one and seem happy with it. Any quirks to look out for or pitfalls that are inherent in these bad boys?
This isn't a quirk, but you should check to see if the recent recall on emissions has successfully completed.
The 2012s appear to be more problematic in terms of "warning lights and codes". Much of these issues seem to relate to the EB which was not supplied on 2011.
If you do take the leap, prepare yourself for a lot of folks approaching you in curiosity because it attracts attention.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VestaDave View Post
This isn't a quirk, but you should check to see if the recent recall on emissions has successfully completed.
The 2012s appear to be more problematic in terms of "warning lights and codes". Much of these issues seem to relate to the EB which was not supplied on 2011.
If you do take the leap, prepare yourself for a lot of folks approaching you in curiosity because it attracts attention.
Almost forgot. You might want to negotiate with the dealer to install the fresh air vent modification as part of your deal. You can check to see if the mod has been done by seeing if there is some sort of tubing leading out beyond the radiator. If this hasn't been done the fresh air comes in from the fresh air box which is located just inches from the turbo. It's like having a 24/7 heater. Some folks don't mind the hot air, others like myself are glad we got the modification.

Tags
holiday rambler