Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhcorrigan View Post
Colburg is no longer. REV closed it.
Thanks for your reply. This explains why I could not reach Frank Phillips. Does ANYONE know a contact person that can be reached with knowledge of your 2011 Monaco coaches. My Plan B is maybe to call Alliance Coach in Florida or MHSRV in Texas as both of these dealers sold large volumes of Monaco coaches at one time.
mrc4921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
I had NO idea that REV closed "camp Monaco". I always stopped there hooked up and next day reported in to have some item taken care of. I didn't need an appointment as I helped them avoid a lawsuit by a unhappy camper. His coach acted like mine before all the chassis upgrades. I gave the management the latest scoop on how to tame these wild beasts, and they treated me very well. OK now back to the problem.....the full wall slide and the dinette are "cable" operated slides which probably don't need a relay. You can remove some of the "wood" on the center of the slide inside the coach and see the motor and cables etc. The bedroom slide is a "track" type. That one can be visibly checked by raising the bed. Desertvette has what I think the answer to the problem. If you have to bypass the diodes, or add new wires + & - to the switch and motor you should be good to go. Disclamer I'm not responsible if that doesn't work. Free advice that may not be the solution, but it is FREE. Good luck and let us know how you figured it out and fixed it. All part of owning a MH. If there wasn't anything to fix most of our trips would be boring.

Thanks deSandford for your reply. What you and Desertvette said maybe be correct. there may not be a control module for the Full-Wall and Dinette slides. But the RV Group sent to me a wiring diagram that show the motors and slide control module for the Full-Wall and Dinette slides. Also said the module was located "in the wardrobe". I have taken every screwed panel out the wardrobe and I have not found the module, yet!
Old 09-20-2017, 03:11 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
Just my thoughts.......I would check out the dinette switch. Possibly substitute the full wall switch for the dinette rocker switch to see if that is the problem. Good trouble shooting.
Good idea deSandford, but I've already done as you explained. The switch is good. The motor operated the slide in both directions when hooked direct to the battery and reversing the polarity. So the motor is good. I took the tops off the relays so I could see their action to operate the slides. One relay moves the Bed slide in, the other moves it out. But the other two relays does NOT move when moving the Full-Wall or Dinette slide. That puzzles me!
Old 09-20-2017, 03:20 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Go to Monaco website, call the tech number REV still is in operation in Oregon for now. I stopped picked up some gaskets for my Camey.
You have to be persistent with parts or tech. I ask them to call or contact service folks in Oregon. If they don't know the answer.
So far I haven't been disappointed.
The REV Group website shows the Tech number in Oregon and Indiana as the same number. And as mentioned above, REV Group has closed the Oregon office. All four Techs in the Indiana office know very little about Monaco coaches, especially the 2011 model and others built by Navistar.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrc4921 View Post
The REV Group website shows the Tech number in Oregon and Indiana as the same number. And as mentioned above, REV Group has closed the Oregon office. All four Techs in the Indiana office know very little about Monaco coaches, especially the 2011 model and others built by Navistar.

Tech support only is closed. There are a few there know how to get the answers. Yes it’s the same number, I had them research some old files to get the proper part number. Took a few days. But they did it.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Tech support only is closed. There are a few there know how to get the answers. Yes it’s the same number, I had them research some old files to get the proper part number. Took a few days. But they did it.

What phone number did you use to reach them. The only one I can find is 877-466-6226 and this is the same one used for Indiana. I was told one of the ole sources for Monaco information is Frank Phillips. If you have a local number for the Tech support in Oregon, I would love to have it.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:16 AM   #21

That number is good. They will call them in Oregon. When I stopped at Oregon they won’t give you a number to call because they have no call center it’s not there.
You can try calling the service number for scheduling an appointment that might get you to frank.
Cody and a few others are no longer in Oregon.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #22

I have a 2012 Knight and have also wondeted how to accesd the motors.
Can you explain and/or show what wood that can be removed to expose the motors?
thanks, Randy
RPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:00 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPrince View Post
I have a 2012 Knight and have also wondeted how to accesd the motors.
Can you explain and/or show what wood that can be removed to expose the motors?
thanks, Randy
Randy, I have only "opened" the access to the dinette slide motor. Looking at the slide, the top moulding, center pierce is pin nailed on. Carefully slide a putty knife between the center piece and main trim (careful not to scratch the pieces). The motor is behind this center piece of moulding.

The bed slide motor is under the bed. Remove three screws in the end piece of plywood. Raise the plywood and the bed slide motor is there.

I have not tried to access the Full-Wall slide motor, but it would be in the top row of moulding, also. Exactly which piece of molding to remove is difficult to determine. What I intend to do if I ever have to get to the motor is remove the center piece of moulding, as I did with the dinette slide.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #24

Thank you for providing this info. Havent needed it yet, but if it ever happens it would probably be when we're out of cell phone range and it will be a big help to know how! I'm going to go look at it right now.
Thanks again, Randy
RPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:16 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Dinette Slideout REPAIRED

Guys, I'm back with the fix for my dinette slide problem. The slide would extend, but would not retract. The slides are controlled by relay modules. I got a copy of the wiring diagram and the location of the slide control relay modules were
listed as "in the closet". Well, I did find the slide relay module for the bedroom slide. It's located inside the small closet under the washer/dryer closet. I could not find the control relay module for the dinette slide.

I took the coach to The RV Shop in Baton Rouge, LA. The tech knew the location of the module and repaired my slide. The dinette slide relay module is located in the small closet above the driver's seat. The one farther to the front, that's butting to the windshield. Open the door and remove the screws to the right. You will see a side view of the relay control module. It's not easy to see. Will probably need a mirror to get a top view of the module. This was where my problem was located. "A Bad relay in the Module Control."

I hope this helps anyone that has this problem!

Tags
monaco, slide