Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #1

2012 Monaco Knight Update on Problems

2012 Monaco Knight is now almost a year old and just returned from second trip to Lazy Days for warranty repairs. Mostly minor issues with one that has not been resolved and Lazy Days states they have not received much technical help from Monaco. The problem is that the number two air conditioner drain line apparently had a "kink" somewhere between the unit and the rear drain area and water is collecting on the roof. Lazy Days service advisor has stated that the repair will require removal of roof panels to locate the source of the problem and will possibly take about a week to complete. I am concerned that the repair procedure could be worse than the problem of water collecting on the roof and wondering if anyone has any thoughts? The other issues for the most part have been taken care of and overall have been satisfied and happy with the quality and performance of the motor home. Have 11000 miles on the Maxxforce 10 engine with no problems and have had the engine serviced by International truck dealer. Tow a jeep wrangler and getting about 7.8 mpg when towing.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Personally I would take it to Coburg, Ore. where it was made and have them fix the drain problem. First make an appointment. I have been VERY HAPPY with the service at the Monaco Service Center. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I would leave it alone. First, most coaches don't come with an off roof drain line until recently. Second, how often do you use rear air. I would suspect that the repair will do more long term damage than it's worth
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #4

HI Robert.

I have a 2008 HR Scepter 42, I know my unit is older than yours but we had our center AC unit drain "backing-up" then the water was running off the roof and down the sidewall.

I simply took the interior access panel off and used compressed air to blow out a blockage. I'll never know if it was debris, a bug or just a "scum" block.......but it worked!

While yours truly may be bent you should see if you can get air through yours yourself or at least ask the service department if they tried to get the line open.

Just a thought.

Adam Hunter
Adam Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #5

All good suggestions and appreciate responses. They tried to blow out the line with no success and would take it to Oregon if it were not such a long commute from North Carolina. Leaning toward just dealing with it and but would hope Monaco would offer some solution or reimbursement if it can't be repaired reasonably. I just hope there is not chance of water leaking through the slide etc later. They have already had to replace a roof pump for one of the other two air conditioners on the roof that was also standing water and hope this is also not an on going problem. The one with the bent line is the middle of three total air conditioners on the coach.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #6

I'm not going to try and tell you what to do with your problem. This is one that we have not had with our 2012 Knight yet. what I am going to do is offer a suggestion to call another service center and ask their opinion. Alliance coach comes to mind . They are in Wildwood ,FL and they may be able to help. Another is you call Monaco service direct if you have not already, and see what they have to offer about your problem. We also bought our coach from Lazy days and have found at times that they do not look very deep for a solution to problems but tend to say there is nothing wrong . maybe contact with another service center will give you other options ,maybe not but it is worth a try...good luck ...Alan
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #7

I think that is a good suggestion and have heard good things about the service center in Wildwood. My impression of Lazy Days is that they are in a big rush just to move motor homes out rather than spend much time solving the problem. Thanks for the reply. I would suggest keeping a check on the A/C drain lines to make sure they are working properly as I would have not know except when pulling in the slides and observing larger than normal amount of water coming from the roof.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #8

I recently had a plugged drain line on my forward a/c unit-it was full of styrofoam beeds from the ceiling insulation, I guess. How I knew the drain line was plugged was all the water collected in the ceiling and ended up dumping out the stereo cabinet above the passenger seat when braking. Blew out the line and no more problems. So when you say the water is running of the roof, I'm not sure how that's occurring since the drain system, at least on my 2012 Ambassador, is situated over the opening into the ceiling.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #9

Spoke with Monaco Technical support who was very helpful and they suggested I let Alliance in Wildwood do the work. Scheduled appointment for mid October so hopefully they will be able to find the problem. Monaco generated a "call sheet number" and advised this was important given coming toward end of one year warranty period in case the repair goes beyond that. Thanks for suggestions.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #10

Just to update, took the motor home to Alliance in Wildwood Florida who were able to run a new A/C drain line that Lazy Days was unable to fix. Still have a problem with the TV entertainment door that paint has come off due to improper alignment from the factory. Monaco Warranty department has stated that Alliance has failed to send proper documentation over the last several days to justify the repair and Alliance is disputing saying they have submitted all required paperwork. In the meantime, have been waiting while they sort out the costs, approvals etc. Frustrating situation and calling Alliance and Monaco and one department blaming the other. Have been disappointed with customer service at Alliance and Monaco seems believable waiting on paperwork etc. Chris at Monaco has been very helpful but has stated that Alliance will not send them the required paperwork for approval so work can be done. I realize that these things sometimes time to sort out but would appreciate being brought up to date when they promised issues being completed with last week and service advisor blaming Monaco for delays etc.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Glad to hear Monaco was able to help you during the warranty period on your water build up. Alliance should send another copy of paper work so they can fix the door etc. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco