Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2016, 08:41 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
2013 Monaco Diplomat Maxxforce 10

I had a ECM flash done last year the software 2.0 I need help from other members what their new flash is? I lost the engine brake if i use it in the 3rd setting. Is there a new ECM flash or mine was just done wrong?
Thanks
ervinglobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2016, 11:11 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I would say something went wrong on the update, mine still works as always.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps90 View Post
I would say something went wrong on the update, mine still works as always.
Thanks for the reply. Your engine is also Maxxforce 10? What is your software update, is it also 2.0? If I use it in the 3rd setting it will downshift drastically and ones I hit about 2500RPM it will just disengage and wont work in any other setting till I restart the engine.
Thanks, Again
Old 06-14-2016, 11:13 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Mine is up to date with the 2.0 and while I did notice a little more power especially in first and 2nd I haven't noticed any difference in the Engine brake and we just came down a 8% grade that was a mile or so long the other day.

I would definitely take it back and have them look at it.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps90 View Post
Mine is up to date with the 2.0 and while I did notice a little more power especially in first and 2nd I haven't noticed any difference in the Engine brake and we just came down a 8% grade that was a mile or so long the other day.

I would definitely take it back and have them look at it.
Thanks for the clarification. I will ask them again as the tech told me they could not do this wrong because the system comes back with a successful message on their screen.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:59 PM   #6

There is a setting on the reflash that can turn on the engine brake or leave it off. When I had mine done they asked it was on before the reflash if not they were going to charge me to turn it on.. While in Goshen, Ind. the Maxxforce engineer reset mine to even work when exceeding 4 mph over the setting I had the cruise control on. You might want to contact Maxxforce to find out correct setting for your engine.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
There is a setting on the reflash that can turn on the engine brake or leave it off. When I had mine done they asked it was on before the reflash if not they were going to charge me to turn it on.. While in Goshen, Ind. the Maxxforce engineer reset mine to even work when exceeding 4 mph over the setting I had the cruise control on. You might want to contact Maxxforce to find out correct setting for your engine.
Thanks for your info. I don't know for sure what they done but mine works up to 2500RPM going downhill. As I press the air brake to slow down more the transmission automatically shifts in a lower gear that would cause the RPM to rise, at that point the engine brake just disengage and wont work till I stop the engine and re start it again. The shop I went to normally don't work on RV's I asked them nicely if they would. They contacted International and the tech guided the mechanic how to do the flash. It was done free of charge. The closest dealer is 108 miles from my resident and I did not want to drive that far. Maybe I should have.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:23 AM   #8

Originally Posted by Harry

Thanks for your info. I don't know for sure what they done but mine works up to 2500RPM going downhill. As I press the air brake to slow down more the transmission automatically shifts in a lower gear that would cause the RPM to rise, at that point the engine brake just disengage and wont work till I stop the engine and re start it again. The shop I went to normally don't work on RV's I asked them nicely if they would. They contacted International and the tech guided the mechanic how to do the flash. It was done free of charge. The closest dealer is 108 miles from my resident and I did not want to drive that far. Maybe I should have.

OK so yesterday I drove to the closest dealer 225 KM and they try to figure out why my engine brake cuts out in second and third setting. They created a case file while I was at the service. They replied from Maxxforce tech team in about two hours of waiting. The engine brake works only in the first setting after the new flash. I have received a new flash last year which was 2.0 software. So the the second and third setting will not work as before, I was told. If anybody has this problem that is the reply I got from Maxxforce tech I seen it whit my own eyes on their computer screen. I had to pay for this of course so my advice to people having issues don't waste your time and money. I was also told this setup may or may not work when you use your cruse control. I have got different feedback from many sources. Just very weird!
Thanks for all the replies and have safe trip to everyone. __________________
Old 06-23-2016, 01:25 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Wow,
that is not a resolution, is it...

I would pose the question on their facebook page(s) to get a more public response...

Tags
monaco