RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2016, 10:01 PM   #1

2017 Holiday Rambler vacationer changes

Has anyone heard any news of what changes there will be to the 2017 vacationer? I was told by a dealer that a auto genstart will be standard, also heard some colors may change but with stripe patterns remaining the same. Dealer said there would be no major changes for a few years being that it was a fairly new coach design. He wasn't too concrete on anything that's why I wondered if anyone had heard any news

Thanks,
Dave
old iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2016, 06:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Colors and AGS would be fine, but only after they come up with floor plan that doesn't have you walking into the bathroom when you come in the entry door.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:55 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
Colors and AGS would be fine, but only after they come up with floor plan that doesn't have you walking into the bathroom when you come in the entry door.
Wow. That was one of the reasons we chose the Ambassador! To each their own.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:51 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckftboy View Post
Wow. That was one of the reasons we chose the Ambassador! To each their own.
That was one of the reasons we chose the vacationer, the grandkids don't need to run through the coach to go to the bathroom when they are outside, I also like the mid coach entry.
Mrfix
mrfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:09 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Interior colors also changed. On the model we were looking at (36SBT?) they have flipped the side the bedroom slide out is on, you lost the "little nightstands" next to the bed, but gained a large closet for a washer/dryer and the U-shaped dinette is no longer an option. Some things that were upgrades are now standard.
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #6

Recently ordered a Vacationer 33ct now called a 33c, most options are now standard, fireplace, ext. tv, etc., different ext. paint colors for 2017 using same graphics, auto genstart now standard, lx package is now available with same features as on the bounder larger gen., solid surface counters throughout, chrome mirrors and compartment handles, etc. From what I've seen the interior decor packages on the smaller floorplan models have remained the same with them using a different color on the vertical window treatment.
We're really looking forward to her delivery.

Best,
Dave
Old 04-13-2016, 11:53 AM   #7

We're still pretty happy with our 33ct. The only thing I plan to do is install a rear track bar when I get a chance ($). I wish we had the auto gen start too, but we are still very satisfied with the motorhome.
rssj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssr View Post
We're still pretty happy with our 33ct. The only thing I plan to do is install a rear track bar when I get a chance ($). I wish we had the auto gen start too, but we are still very satisfied with the motorhome.
Glad your still happy with it, we really like the layout, didn't need the extra bathroom and although the bath and a half has longer wheelbase it's also a longer coach so I think the advantage is a wash. When I test drove the 33ct I like you felt the body roll was a little excessive, so I plan on the rear trac bar which I am a firm believer in and most likely the roadmaster supplemental rear sway bar, I think these would make the coach much more stable. I think
most ford f53 coaches have these issues and need the upgrades, it's not just the 33ct .
Old 04-14-2016, 08:43 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Dave hope you're happy with your 33c when you receive it. We're waiting on ours as well. We went with the 36 SBT which is now called a Y, but is 36 ft 3 inches which takes almost 4 feet off our length. We're scaling down from a 38 FT Monaco Diplomat that's actually close to 40 feet long. Love our Dip, but we decided to scale down, the 36 gas I will drive so my husband doesn't have to do all the driving. The changes in the 2017 I've seen all look to be on the positive.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Dave hope you're happy with your 33c when you receive it. We're waiting on ours as well. We went with the 36 SBT which is now called a Y, but is 36 ft 3 inches which takes almost 4 feet off our length. We're scaling down from a 38 FT Monaco Diplomat that's actually close to 40 feet long. Love our Dip, but we decided to scale down, the 36 gas I will drive so my husband doesn't have to do all the driving. The changes in the 2017 I've seen all look to be on the positive.
Thanks, hope yours works out well for you also. We looked for a dp in the smaller floorplans but couldn't find anything that suited us as well as the gasser floorplans, we camp the state parks a lot so the shorter length is a big plus. We've made a few changes and are waiting for the factory final work order so have quite a wait ahead of us, keep up posted when yours arrives and let us know how things are going. Yes, I plan on having my wife drive more also, that way I can sightsee!

Best,
Dave
Old 05-17-2016, 12:56 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by old iron View Post
Thanks, hope yours works out well for you also. We looked for a dp in the smaller floorplans but couldn't find anything that suited us as well as the gasser floorplans, we camp the state parks a lot so the shorter length is a big plus. We've made a few changes and are waiting for the factory final work order so have quite a wait ahead of us, keep up posted when yours arrives and let us know how things are going. Yes, I plan on having my wife drive more also, that way I can sightsee!

Best,
Dave
Dave, We picked up our 2017 36Y Vacationer about a week ago. Must admit, it's the first time we purchased a coach we didn't just drive off the lot, so we were a little nervous. Happy to say after a long weekend shake down, we only had to drop it back for 6 items to be corrected! They're done! I'm sure we may find a few other smaller things as we go forward, but we were thrilled we only had 6!

Earlier in this post someone asked about the auto gen start, yes it's there. Ours came with the washer/dryer combo. The vinyl floor looks much nicer than it does in the photos they had sent us. The cupboards in the living area are a little short on height. The BR while we lost the night stands, has a huge closet next to the washer/dryer, a small drawer, and 4 large deep drawers that are great. More storage under the bed than the 2016 we looked at. The shower is a little smaller, but we gained a huge closet with adjustable shelves and 2 large deep drawers. I believe the medicine cabinet and vanity are larger as well and a much nicer flush. Happy camper to be rid of those pleated day/night shades. This has the black screen and black out shades. 4 TV's: one overhead in the front, the back of the living space over the fireplace (which the heat from that is okay, but not great), bedroom and outside. Overall we're pretty pleased.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Dave, We picked up our 2017 36Y Vacationer about a week ago. Must admit, it's the first time we purchased a coach we didn't just drive off the lot, so we were a little nervous. Happy to say after a long weekend shake down, we only had to drop it back for 6 items to be corrected! They're done! I'm sure we may find a few other smaller things as we go forward, but we were thrilled we only had 6!

Earlier in this post someone asked about the auto gen start, yes it's there. Ours came with the washer/dryer combo. The vinyl floor looks much nicer than it does in the photos they had sent us. The cupboards in the living area are a little short on height. The BR while we lost the night stands, has a huge closet next to the washer/dryer, a small drawer, and 4 large deep drawers that are great. More storage under the bed than the 2016 we looked at. The shower is a little smaller, but we gained a huge closet with adjustable shelves and 2 large deep drawers. I believe the medicine cabinet and vanity are larger as well and a much nicer flush. Happy camper to be rid of those pleated day/night shades. This has the black screen and black out shades. 4 TV's: one overhead in the front, the back of the living space over the fireplace (which the heat from that is okay, but not great), bedroom and outside. Overall we're pretty pleased.
Great! Sounds like you're really enjoying it, only 6 items to fix, yeah I'd be pretty happy too, if the fit and finish are anything like the one's I've looked at I'll bet that is good also. The 36y is a really nice floorplan I'll bet it's very comfortable and usable. Are you happy with the handling, I've heard the 6 speed trans. is a nice upgrade? If you don't mind me asking what was your wait time? We were told at time of order it would take 2 month's, well it's been 2 month's and still no eta and hardly any information coming from the factory, I'm a little disappointed with that.

Have fun with your new ride,
Dave
Old 05-18-2016, 09:23 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Dave, We had the six speed transmission before and yes nice. It's lighter than what we had, so in windy conditions it will be more difficult to deal with, but handles nice, and the ride is good. We ordered our 2016 coach the end of September 2015. We were told "about 2 months". We were called in October saying the factory was going into "model change over", which we did not believe that in October, so it would be January. Another call... February or March, but we would get a 2017 instead of the 2016, so we waited. Another call... April. After talking with the dealer and Holiday Rambler, even Holiday Rambler couldn't believe we had been made to wait that long and when they said we would definitely get it in April, they delivered. Hopefully you won't go through all of this. That said, it's like buying a new house. Whatever they tell you, add at least another month, but stay on them. They didn't give us an ETA until they new the day our coach was scheduled to come off line at the factory, which was about 2 weeks before we picked it up. Let me know when you get yours!
Old 05-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Dave, We had the six speed transmission before and yes nice. It's lighter than what we had, so in windy conditions it will be more difficult to deal with, but handles nice, and the ride is good. We ordered our 2016 coach the end of September 2015. We were told "about 2 months". We were called in October saying the factory was going into "model change over", which we did not believe that in October, so it would be January. Another call... February or March, but we would get a 2017 instead of the 2016, so we waited. Another call... April. After talking with the dealer and Holiday Rambler, even Holiday Rambler couldn't believe we had been made to wait that long and when they said we would definitely get it in April, they delivered. Hopefully you won't go through all of this. That said, it's like buying a new house. Whatever they tell you, add at least another month, but stay on them. They didn't give us an ETA until they new the day our coach was scheduled to come off line at the factory, which was about 2 weeks before we picked it up. Let me know when you get yours!
Yikes!! You had quite a wait. I've been told just recently that an eta would not be given till the coach is in paint, sounds like you were told about the same, seems strange that they can't give customer's a better idea of when their unit will be ready. I've talked to the HR vp before the sale and still have his number so as you said in the near future it may be a good idea to give him a call and see what I can find out about their schedule. Sure, I'll let you know when we get it and how it goes, hopefully as smooth as your's. Thanks for the info I do appreciate it.

Happy travels in your new Vacationer,
Dave

Tags
cat, holiday rambler