RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2015, 10:30 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
3rd Brake light help 03 Diplomat

does anyone know where to get a new lens for my third break light for my 03 diplomat ?

nicktdracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2015, 10:43 AM   #2

Check these guys out

Monaco Motorhomes | Spoilerlights.com

Ret Syntst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Look closely at the lens and google the number. It was easy to find. Mine is probably different.

Mike
Old 11-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #4

If it's anything like mine, the lens is not replaceable. It is a one piece, led, universal lite. I found mine on eBay for $27.00. Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	111556  
Old 01-05-2016, 11:42 AM   #5

Just discovered that my 3rd brake light was not working. When I went to remove it I discovered that the wires were not connected to anything. The wires were not stripped or anything, kind of like they were never connected to anything. Either that or something cleanly cut the wires. I removed it and checked it out and a couple of the leds don't light in addition to the faded red plastic, so I've ordered a replacement. Anyway my question is: where is the light supposed to tie in at?
Obviously I could tie it in at one of the taillights just wondering where the so called factory connection was at. Thanks
Old 01-05-2016, 11:54 AM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
From a quick look at the '03 Dip brochure, it appears to have the same Chevy pickup tail lights as my Endeavor. You can see quite a bit of the wiring inside the rear cap by removing the tail light assemblies, and a bit more by removing the rear camera access panel in the bedroom closet.

Mike
2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B
slowmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:34 AM   #7

After discovering my light not working I used the search function to find this thread that I tagged on to. My apologies for any confusion, this is actually on my 02 Endeavor. I was hoping that someone that had already replaced their light would respond with where the factory connection was made. I've owned this MH for a few years and in the past, had my wife check turn signals, brake lights, etc. while I operated them. In the past she never mentioned the 3rd brake light, when she noticed it not working the other day I asked her if it had been working in the past and she couldn't recall. I thought it was going to be simply a matter of replacing it but like I said earlier when I pulled it, it was not connected at all. The light has about 30" of wire attached to it. I guess what I am wondering is if there is a cut wire hanging somewhere or if the light was never connected. Obviously if I had an idea of where the original connection was at, it would make it easier to determine what happened. Thanks
Old 01-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #8

Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
3rd Brake light help 03 diplomat

On my 2000 Endeavor, the third brake light wires are connected by quick-splice connectors to a red wire and a white wire, which run across to the left tail light. They connect through a white two-pin plug to another red and another white wire that disappear into a black plastic loom that connects to the tail light wire bundle. All of these wires are laying loose in the rear cavity, not anchored to anything solid. They should be simple to repair/replace through the light mounting holes with the light assemblies removed.

Photos are taken from inside the bedroom closet with the wall panel removed

Third brake light wires coming from the top, black and black/white, spliced to red and white. That black foam is pipe insulation material spanning the gap between the top of the rear radiator housing and the raw fiberglass inside surface of the rear cap.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1452105415.008074.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	115838

Two-pin connector with red and white from above plugged into tail light harness

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1452105501.498946.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	115839

Mike
2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B
slowmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:06 AM   #9

slowmachine- Thanks, it will probably be a couple of days before I get to look at it but it will be a big help knowing what to look for. Much appreciated. Thanks

Tags
light, brake