Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2019, 06:28 PM   #1

4 Way Water Control Valve

Were on our first outing in a 2016 HR Vacationer. When we bought it the previous owners told us that the factory had hooked up the water control valve wrong and everything is off 90 degrees. ie City is 90 degrees counter clockwise from what works for City. I saw how they had it at the campsite and I had it hooked up at home without any issues. Anyhow the first night of this trip, we got up in the morning to a pool of water under the MH.

Best I can figure, the valve is leaking and filling the tank,and then pouring out the overfill.

I am hoping to dig into it and at minimum get a part number off the valve tomorrow but was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and been able to fix it by taking the valve apart or ?

Appreciate any help.
KWiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2019, 06:37 PM   #2

I have had the same problem with mine. Unfortunately I have never resolved the issue correctly, so I wish someone that has solved this problem (by doing it themselves) would respond with the correct procedure and instructions to fix it.
31NDone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:43 PM   #3

Ours is a 2015, but the same issue. If I leave the valve on tank, an fill with a hose directly into the tank from the manual fill spout I have no issues. But if I connect to city water it fills the tank over night and pours out just as you described. Please let me know if I someone gives you the solution. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:18 PM   #4

Finally got a chance to pull it out today. One o-ring completely missing, and another with a split. I am hoping they are standard o-rings, the old ones are distorted, but pretty confident they started life as a standard 0-ring and not some special rubber gasket.

Getting the valve out wasn't to hard. Take off the knob with the Phillips screw in the center, then take off the large nut holding it to the panel. Then I pulled the little panel it sits in so I could get to the screw on connectors easier.

Once it is out, there is a little tiny allen set screw in the side of the brass piece. Take that out, then push the brass piece down and turn. Then all that is left is to take pliers and twist and pull the valve out.

I am going to try putting in new o-rings, but if it happens again, I am just going to get a copper manifold and 3 quarter turn valves to replace it all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191021_105517166_HDR.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	264322   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191021_105522656_HDR.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	264323  

Name:	IMG_20191021_105528818_HDR.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	264324  
Old 10-21-2019, 05:10 PM   #5

Well I tried o-rings, but no luck. Maybe if some place had every size imaginable. Ended up at one RV parts store and they said you can't just buy the rubber parts you have to buy the whole white panel with the inlet and everything. $81 dollars later it is installed but has a small leak at the tank hose. I might have lost a rubber washer in it or something, but if I turn it to city no leaks so good enough for tonight. I am taking the old one home with me and plan on trying to build one when I have more time and tools.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:32 PM   #6

Try an ACE Hardware for O-rings

The O-rings on the shaft in the curved cutouts are prone to dislodging/distortion/tears etc due to the curved surface AND swapping valve postion under line pressure

4 way ball valve would be better
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:50 PM   #7

I haven't thought it through completely, but I don't think just a 4way valve would do it. 3 of the positions use the inlet, but the dry camp goes between the tank and pump only, so I am not sure it could be done with 3 1/4 turn valves either.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:50 PM   #8

Are you saying this valve also creates the path for the tank to pump also.There are different configurations of the way3 way and 3way T valves are made or operate. Maybe 2 of those would work . One example , is inlet to left or inlet to right or right to left inlet off .Another is in to left or in to right and in to both
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:09 AM   #9

Thanks, that was really helpful. I found the replacement valve on Amazon for $36, just have to check the part numbers when we get home before I order it. Thanks again, I'll let you know when I get it done how it turns out.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #10

here is a real rough sketch of the type of thing I think it would take to replace that valve with 1/4 turn valves. Hopefully it makes some sense. The circles represent valves.

31NDone Do you have a link to the amazon part.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	264432  
Old 10-23-2019, 09:01 AM   #11

I looked it up this morning, can't copy the link, but it's on Amazon for $39.99, it's the "kantleak Anderson brass valve repair kit 4 function rv fill station".
Old 10-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #12

Thanks. I did some research and see that they no longer make the plastic body, they have gone to all brass body, which is what they originally made before the RV companys wanted something cheaper. There is a number of videos on youtube about changing them out.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:37 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Kwik Thank you for this great information. We are having the same problem with our 1999 Monaco Windsor. Our pump switch stopped working as well. Our question is how did you call it up in You Tube? I'm apparently not using the right words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWiK View Post
Thanks. I did some research and see that they no longer make the plastic body, they have gone to all brass body, which is what they originally made before the RV companys wanted something cheaper. There is a number of videos on youtube about changing them out.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:10 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lots of info

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...at-s&fr=mcafee
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valve, water