Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Da UP remote? Never
Ya, here in Yooper land it's big woods, small population . I chose Marquette to retire five years ago.We are the largest city, some say the Capital when we form our own state!
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #16

If this helps - My dad bought our 1996 Monaco Signature brand new with a 400hp M11 installed. He was never happy with the fuel mileage and the output of the engine and had the unit to Cummins many times. Cummins finally agreed to change the engine in 1999 to a 450hp M11 to keep him happy. It never really cured anything (but since then I think we found what he was chasing,, hydraulic fans that run on high all the time due to a factory installation problem).

joe
joeplazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeplazek View Post
If this helps - My dad bought our 1996 Monaco Signature brand new with a 400hp M11 installed. He was never happy with the fuel mileage and the output of the engine and had the unit to Cummins many times. Cummins finally agreed to change the engine in 1999 to a 450hp M11 to keep him happy. It never really cured anything (but since then I think we found what he was chasing,, hydraulic fans that run on high all the time due to a factory installation problem).

joe
I have resolved to except just that. The orig. owner was an top exec. With Qualcomm , so I guess anything goes. The third AC unit is just about as strange.The electronic dash was replaced some time during its life with analog.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #18

Go Figure??

Interesting that Cummins DID NOT produce a 450 HP M11 until 97' (you say).

Is it possible that the Coach builder bumped up the M11 rating and forgot to tell Cummins.

Then, I've got a 95' FT U320C SE M4000 (along with a few others) that has a 450 HP M11 in spite of your claim.

Who's to know??
Old 09-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketchange View Post
Interesting that Cummins DID NOT produce a 450 HP M11 until 97' (you say).

Is it possible that the Coach builder bumped up the M11 rating and forgot to tell Cummins.

Then, I've got a 95' FT U320C SE M4000 (along with a few others) that has a 450 HP M11 in spite of your claim.

Who's to know??
Cummins, thats who ! In this case Npower. ( Midwest Distrib. ) Cummins records don't lie, they pride them selves on their ID system... The ser no. on the engine block tells them that it was made in 1997. AS far as I know, the MII 450 was not in production until 97.We do know several Coaches were upgraded by the owners when the 450 came out in 97. ( read back on this thread ). If I had access to the orig engine no. Cummins could tell me the full story.Unfortunately the record system only goes forward, not backward and Monaco records that I can get access to do not show the full orig. engine ser no.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #20
YC1

1. change the halogen bulbs to led's and reduce your fire hazard

2. Get the serial number off the engine data plate and I can show you how to put it into the Cummins site for free and find out what the engine part numbers are and it will even cross match to your vin number.

I agree that an engine failure may have occurred and the owner decided to upgrade at the time.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummins, monaco