RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2020, 12:36 PM   #1

7.5A PCB power fuse keeps blowing

2003 Signature. Replaced Big Boy solenoid a couple weeks ago because chassis batteries weren't charging. All has been good for a couple weeks, including a week-long trip. Got home for a day or two, and noticed the little green light that indicates the Big Boy is functioning is off, and chassis batteries are not charging again on shore power or generator power. House batteries charge fine. I checked the fuse next to it; it was blown. I went to replace it, but as soon as the new fuse touched the contacts, the fuse blew. I turned off the big main switches to house and chassis batteries, and shut off shore power, and replaced the fuse, but as soon as I turned the switches back on, it blew. The inverter seems to be working normally. My wiring schematic that came with the coach doesn't even show the board or fuse in the rear run panel. Suggestions on where to look next?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9799.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	303321   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9800.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	303322  

joefromperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2020, 03:05 PM   #2

What is the yellow funny looking terminal in the upper left of the one picture. It doesn't look factory but could just be a photo glitch.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootist View Post
What is the yellow funny looking terminal in the upper left of the one picture. It doesn't look factory but could just be a photo glitch.
I'll take a wider picture and post it as soon as I can. The only yellow connecter/terminal I see is one labeled chassis battery switch.
joefromperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:15 PM   #4

I'm wondering if that fuse is in the pulse side of the big boy hold in circuitry. You can replace the bigboy with a bluesea that gets rid of the bird and is lifetim warrantied. There is a detailed thread on here with instructions,pictures and links.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, power