Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2009, 08:20 AM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
they only thing I can think of that it reminds me of is that drop celing panels you can get at home depot but they only come in small pannels is it kinda like a foam material with that popcorn stuff? you can get a spray that makes that popcorn type surface, it comes in a spray can , messy though , I so far just putting that reflective insulation on the celing then I have to find something for celing boards that wont be to hard to put up, has to be thin but sturdy, I guess on yours you can put that sheets of foam then get that spray for the popcorn look , but its hard to clean if you have to clean it, I am thinking a smoth surface
buehler740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2009, 08:39 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Have you tried MH suppliers in your area for ceiling panels? A lot of times they have 4'x8' sheets of ceiling material. It is basically the same as what RV mfr's use.

Stewart
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:26 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
oh didnt think of that will check that out, thanks
Old 09-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #18

OK, it's been a while since I posted on here. Was out of town at a conference in Snow Bird, Utah. Beautiful place! Well I'm about 3/4 of the way done with the seam taping job (my knee's are killing me!!) I should be done with the seam tape tomorrow and then I'm going to give the roof another cleaning. After that another coat of primer and then the Snow Roof Systems Mobile Coat sealant!

If she leaks after this, I'm setting her on FIRE!!!

Just kidding of course. You figure if you pay $1500 for a MH she will have issues.

Anyway Once I'm done with the taping I'll post some pics for those who may be interested???? I wonder if anyone actually reads these things... By the way thanks for all of you who have offered support and suggestions. Keep them coming.

Hasta la bye bye
Wilo15
Wilo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #19

I'm reading it, your mh looks like ours, but we have a Dodge Monaco by Caribou, you didn't happen to get a owners manual? The Sloth I love it, ours is "the old girl" we're fixing her up too.
theresa9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
yes I want to see pics please
Old 09-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #21

Finished the tape job on the roof (see pics) and put down the final layer of primer.

Today I will put down the first coat of the sealant (pics to come later). Yesterday I started working on the inside of the Sloth and found the water damage in the front of the RV wasn't as bad as I originally thought BUT the water damage to the back of the RV was MUCH worse than I ever imagined.

The prime reason for this was that the ceiling for the back of the Sloth (bunk bed area) was mad out of fiberglass so the water never dripped from the sealing it just traveled all over the place up there. You will see in the pics that the studs that were used to frame that area of the RV were so rotted out that I just took them out with my fingers. The bright spot you see in the pic is the actual skin of the Sloth (sounds like a science project)

OK this is where you ALL come in!! I need suggestions on the repair. I was planning on just buying some studs and then some of the anchors that are used to butt two pieces of wood together and screw those into the existing studs. The other thing I want to do is add a plug to the overhead sleep area in the front of the Sloth since this is where Shannon (my lovely wife and I sleep) She needs a plug in order to keep her cell phone charged 'cause I play with it all night long. The wires that are up there now are from the over head light and I'm not sure if I can use those to wire an actual outlet???

I'm running out of time for I need to take it to my local RV shop to have them check out my fridge (not working) and to fix the black water tank (I'm too old to go walking around at night looking for a bath house). We're planning a short trip with the kids around the Cascade loop on Oct 16-19 to see the Fall Foliage and I need all this to work.

Anyway thanks again for reading and please feel free to provide opinions and experiences since this is my first RV. Oh by the way although I'm going through all of these growing pains I'm still like our Sloth very much
Old 09-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #22

Pics from tape job and overhead sleeping cabin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2532.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1429   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2533.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1430  

Name:	IMG_2534.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1431   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2535.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1432  

Old 09-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #23

OK! Now back to some Football!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2536.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1433   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2537.jpg
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1434  

Name:	IMG_2538.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1435   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2539.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1436  

Old 09-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #24

I'm sorry Theresa9 I didn't respond to your question. I believe I do have the owners manual. I would have to check. Do you need to see something from it?

Wilo15
Old 09-28-2009, 04:23 AM   #25

The roof looks great! we dont have a manual with ours, can you scan it into pdf file? Were trying to an owners manual and not having any luck.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #26

I can copy the manual, but I'm not sure how to post it here? I'll try to download it onto the forum.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:45 AM   #27

Thank you sooo much! We are still trying to figure every thing out!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #28

The document is too big. If you shoot me an email at wilocastillo@hotmail.com I can forward a copy to you.

Wilo15