Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2021, 01:20 PM   #29

I have the blue sea all hooked up and everything seems to work fine except for I cannot start the engine with the ignition switch. When I turn the ignition switch on I get my warning beepers and everything seems to work except for the wait to start light does not come on like it use to.
When I move it to the start position I can hear the front solenoid engage but it does not send power back to the starter solenoid in the back engine compartment.
I can jump across the relay in the engine compartment and engine will fire up and run but will immediately die. This is due to the fuel solenoid not having power to it when the starter is not engaged.
I'm still checking fuses and such but I have not found anything as of yet.
CrownRoyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2021, 01:24 PM   #30

Here is wiring schematic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210508_142212973.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	328.8 KB
ID:	327685  
Old 05-08-2021, 03:16 PM   #31

So after spending all day tracing wires looking at schematics and generally wondering [mod edit]...
I happened upon the rear engine switch and discovered with the key switch on that I could start the engine with the rear switch. I realize now that the switch is a three position switch... Down is for rear control middle is for engine stop and up is for cockpit control... So now I have everything fixed and it works perfect!! Now for my first big road trip!!
Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:27 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Congratulations!

Tim
Old 05-08-2021, 07:26 PM   #33

You won't be the first or last owner the rear switch befuddled for a while.
Did you use the bundle of spare wires at drivers side rear to center console area. I'm glad you found issue .
Killed two " birds" with one stone you needed a 200A isolator and a big boy relay the bluesea was probably cheaper. Low power draw from latching relay and lifetime warrantee. Someone asked about Bluesea about warranty "restrictions ect. " they were confused , like don't worry if it ever messes up we just give you a new one. It's on my very short list now. I just put new LED rear tail lights wow are they bright. $192.50 for 8 with IL. tax & shipped. I have seen these listed for up to $50 ea. So they were on my list as the PO had brake lights sick and deformed the bases so the get filthy inside. Just spotted these a couple months ago ,they can get as many as you need if quantity is less than needed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Tail-li....m46890.l49286

Put all new side markers last fall Peterson reproduced retired Bargmans on ours.

If you get a chance could you take a pic of weatherstrip on your basement doors. POs put D shaped weatherstrip it seems too short . The bottom strip is much taller.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:27 PM   #34

Thanks!
I was looking into tail lights as well. PO put led (1157?) Bulbs in, but the outside lens is warped a bit and needs replaced.
I also have to tackle putting rear rotors and pads on before the end of the month. Have had all the parts setting here since last December but with all my other projects did no have time to work on my coach.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:09 AM   #35

I can't remember if this is the place I got bulk packed side markers but came with gaskets, sockets and bulbs. The more expensive one is in shelf hanging blister pack. Many of mine had cracked in half and were filthy inside.
https://www.finditparts.com/search?s=+M132R
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical, fire, need help