Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2022, 12:45 PM   #1

95 Dynasty LP das detector wiring

LP gas and Carbon monoxide detector have lost power. Does anyone know where this 12 volt wire originates? I have checked all run bays and the 12 volt fuse panel. I assume it would have to be hot all the time. Black and white wire comes out of the ceiling in the bedroom closet down to the detectors. I don’t have any wiring diagrams. Thanks

Alan
flattop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2022, 01:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My CO/LP Gas detector has a 3 amp fuse in my drivers side front run bay, go figure. So if you can't find it in any fuse distribution panel my recommendation would be to get a good wire tracer. It should lead you in the right direction.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 04:04 PM   #3

I added an extension wire to the black wire and poked around on the fuses in the engine compartment with my meter, but no luck. I may do that for the front run bay just in case they ran it from up there. Thanks for your reply.
Old 05-14-2022, 07:33 PM   #4

It's on house batts for sure in front most likely. I just replaced my kitchen LP unit . I had to bypass the Lp safety shut off 9v solenoid valve. The ground wire that ran through solenoid ,I grounded, . Its the way it gets ground and opens the solenoid. I tried to solder new Figaro hydrocarbon sensor to old board but board was dead. I might of paid $200ish to upgrade to newer 12v solenoid system, but so many places sold out . I didn't want to invest in another system may be getting phased out as well as if old boards still out there were aging past 5-7 year exp. date. With the LP detector at eye level near bedroom, might be better to just add new 10 yr lith. battery smoke/CO detector with escape lamp. LP is heavy detector should be at floor level.
Generous member CountryB has vast collection of wiring diagrams , owners manual, brochures and tons of other handy stuff.
member search, open stats ,any post of his has signature is link to public folders. Also at header here more under files there are many files as well. I like paper copies to look at mine folder is printed on legal size paper I think , letter size folded over once and 3 hole punched. Those little circles or tape edge for binder would be nice finishing touch.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:10 PM   #5

Thanks for the info on the wiring diagrams. My Carbon detector is at eye level at the entrance to the bedroom. The LP is at floor level. The power wire that comes out of the ceiling powers both detectors. If I can’t find the source of the wire, I may run a wire for the LP and get a battery CO detector.

Alan
95 Monaco Dynasty
Old 05-14-2022, 09:15 PM   #6

I got confused with another post. Yeah look in front bay for fuse. Is it new to you ,did it ever work for you ?. PO may have pulled the fuse. Is your LP valve solenoid open or still there even? It was right after regulator cover/shield on mine. This is what I bought seemed more modern to me and had self testing. MTI units had nearly same % 1&2 star reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BLKSF38...ding=UTF8&th=1
Old 05-15-2022, 05:51 AM   #7

I’ve owned this Dynasty for 16 years and it has been great. The LP detector was giving me end of life beeps so I removed the power wire. Haven’t used the coach because of Covid. Purchased a new detector to get it ready for the road again. Installed the new one and no power. That’s when I could not find where the fuse and power originated. I will check the propane shut off as you suggested, it may be on that circuit. Thanks again.

Alan
95 Dynasty
Old 05-15-2022, 04:52 PM   #8

Jim J. Gave up and ordered a Wire Tracker after spending most of the day trying to find where this wire originates. Will post results when I track it down.

Alan
Old 05-15-2022, 07:35 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Good luck, keep us posted.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 11:42 AM   #10

There are false floors under both my kitchen base cabinets. Some side covers/panels for stove wire and gas line and small divider under sink is all that holds them down . Both are spit in two after removal just carpet and tight fit hold them down. To get to wire plus remove a drawer or two. My ice maker shut off valve,its filter and RVA atto level device are under these floors.
There's also small hidden fuse box under electrical controller panel with volts, amps, tank level gauge, and switches ect. It pops up from the bottom hinged at top and two cabinet latches at bottom. The overhead lights fuses are on it. I don't think the detector is on it but these were all snowflakes.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:59 PM   #11

Reporting back to say I found the location and fuse for my CO and LP detector.
Traced it to the run bay in the engine compartment. I’ll try and post a picture. It was a blade type fuse hidden in a weather proof enclosure. Wiring diagram would have been nice.

Tags
wiring