Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2021, 02:45 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
95 Dynasty parked for 4+ years

Hi Everyone!

I've been parked for over 4 years now due to major health issues. I'm finally able to begin putting my coach back on the road, though I'm out of shape and very slow. I know I need to change oil and all filters(oil, air, coolant, & fuel, the batteries as well). When I went to do so I thought that I would fill the air system first, It has leaked down over time and so had the levelers.

I plugged my air hose into the fitting inside the genset compartment. It worked for the passenger side, but, the drivers side did not come up. Can anyone guide me to what I need to look at in order the drivers side to come up? I'm not sure where to look. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Steve
reride is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2021, 06:36 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Can you hear any air leaking. Did the front raise up?

One thing to check is the drivers side rear level control valve. This is the valve that would control the side to side level control.

Need to be careful when you are under the coach with air back, a wrong adjustment on the level control valve would cause the coach to drop fast. If you have jacks put them down and block the frame to keep it from coming down.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:07 PM   #3

Be very careful when messing with air level system, if you are going to be under coach be sure to have safety jacks in place, with system pressured up I would tap on valves, sounds like after setting so long you may have some sticking. Good luck
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:13 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Jacwjames and Outbound, Thank you for responding and thanks for the words of warning, one can never be to safe.

My problem is that I don't know what I'm looking for looks like or where to start looking. I am hoping someone could point me the direction of where to look or post a picture of what I need to check and/or replace. I'm pretty much lost as to where to begin.

Thanks, Steve

P.S. In case I didn't make myself clear , I'm refering to suspension and not the levelers.
Old 03-04-2021, 09:21 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry jacwjames,

I didn't answer your question. There are no air leak noises.

Steve
Old 03-05-2021, 05:52 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
If you have a manual the right height control valve is probably described in it, I know it is in mine. If you can find a copy of a manual for a Dynasty it's worth keeping on hand, I have one in PDF and it's a great reference.

Here is what they look, it shows the valve and the arm with a link attached to the chassis. The link does sometimes break, I keep a spare. If yours is bad you will have to set the ride height based on the year/model of your coach. This is also covered in the manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1 Ride Height Control Valve.pdf (51.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-05-2021, 10:27 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks so much jacwjames.

The picture is worth a thousand words to me and is what I needed. Now that I know what to look for I will be out there searching today, once I figure out how to stabilize the chassis.

I will of course let you know what I find.

Steve
Old 03-05-2021, 03:12 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reride View Post
Hi Everyone!

I've been parked for over 4 years now due to major health issues. I'm finally able to begin putting my coach back on the road, though I'm out of shape and very slow.

Thanks, Steve
Steve,

a quick note to acknowledge your recovery to the point where you can work on and use your coach again - good for you!

our ‘95 doesn’t get **near** the use we’d hoped for due to some chronic health issues. sigh.

welcome back, pal :-)
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:10 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Hal,

I'm really sorry I was never able to get with you. But unfortunately for me things happened in hurry. I do hope things are going well for you and the Mrs. I truly surprised myself when I remembered your name, have been on to many medications for the last few years.

I hope that one of these days we will actually be able to meet up. Please feel free to contact me if you want, my ear is always available to be bent.

Steve
Old 03-05-2021, 09:18 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Jacwjames,

I was able to get underneath my coach today w/o air in the system (had to move some dirt to get under the front axle) and was able to locate the leveling valve. There is a hose coming from the top of the leveling valve to the pressure protection valve for the right side air bags, and another that connected to nothing, an exhaust port I assume.

I sprayed some WD40 on the pivot points and tapped both valves with a hammer.

Tomorrow I will put a little air pressure into the system and crack the line to the leveling valve and see if it leaks any air. At this point that's all I can figure to do. Will let you know.

Thanks , Steve
Old 03-06-2021, 06:52 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
You should have 3 leveling valves, one for the front and two for the rear. If you front is raising that leveling valve is working. If you coach is leaning, the side that is not raising is the valve you need to look at in the rear.

Do you have air leveling???
Old 03-06-2021, 09:03 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I don't know if I can get under rear. When the coach came up it came up in the front and rear only on the passenger side. So, I assume that I'm not getting air to the d/s front.

It has RVA hydraulic 3 leg levers. I am hoping to be able to get underneath and clean the leveler shafts before i raise them the rest of the way up if possible.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:07 AM   #13

As Jim said left and right is controlled by 2 height valves in the rear.
The front just does what the rear tells it when it comes to left & right
Since you know what they look like you may be able to look from down
low and behind the driver's rear tires and see the valve. What I would
look for is to see if the rod connected to it is still attached.
Use a strong flashlight and a mirror may help too.
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:26 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reride View Post
Thanks Hal,

I truly surprised myself when I remembered your name, have been on to many medications for the last few years.

I hope that one of these days we will actually be able to meet up.

Steve
great to hear from you and see you in action ... way to go :-)

as for meds / side effects, been there / got the t-shirts!

all the best going forward with everything, maybe we can catch up in future travels.

hal
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote