Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2020, 04:28 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
97 Holiday Rambler slide pin sheared off

i have a 97 holiday rambler looks slide pin sheared off motor has rotated i noticed when i opened door hoping it will close until i get home reached in felt gear oil and a piece that look like it sheared off has this happen to anyone im hoping it will close when we go to leave im trying to find out how to fix it ? also how to manually retract the slide any help will be greatly appreciated i think it actually snapped on the last trip but it was working now its torn the covering down and looks like the motor has rotated by the way the slide is out right now any help will be great thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2020, 05:40 PM   #2

Had a couple of Monaco's (same manufacturer as HR) and the slide pins would shear from time to time. I carried several spares and a drift punch. Pins and punch are both available at Tractor Supply. Just punch out to old pin and tap in a new one. Pretty easy.

You can usually just shove the slide back in. Might need some help. I would then cut a couple 2x4 blocks to lay on top of the slide on the interior to prevent the slide from moving out while going down the road until you get the pin fixed.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:02 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
it looks like its not the pin a bolt fell out but the cast part broke off i m hoping its a lippert part
Old 08-20-2020, 08:21 PM   #4

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I replaced my buddies slide motor in the very coach as it ripped itself out of the 3 mounts & cracked the motor housing..it was a mess & looks like the previous owner rigged up a steel plate to try to stop the motor from sheering pins & twisting as it ran the slide out & in..that slide system is one of the early ones & the slide itself is extremely heavy & was a bear to get it back working right after replacing the motor. The motor is hard to come by because of the mounting casing that was designed for that application. If you need that at any time here it is & where to get it.
Leisure Coachworks
909-428-6775
Model # K01469A600...Replaces a K01250C600 which was in his.
his coach is a '97 HR Endeavor LE pusher
groveln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 08:37 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
thanks it looks like mine has rotated down hopefully it will retract so i can get it home there was oil inside the cover which leads me to think its a broken case now i cant see because its down hopefully she will come in for me how do you do it manually if you have to ? you were exactly what i was looking for we do have the same coach my motor was working when it was extended doesn't look like that motor is cheap ive only found one bolt so far as i wiped up the gear oil was it difficult to install ? thats why im hoping to do when home i got access to my tools any info more you can share will be great my num also is 904 534 6589 thanks for your help
Old 08-21-2020, 07:48 PM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sheared pins

On the back of that motor there are three screws you can unscrew those three and it frees up the motor brake system and should be able to push the slide in or out but as I said that flight is very heavy it'll be two people at least push it in because of that older type of slide system with that big gnarly gear..most of the motors these days have a rzke release lever this one does not that motor by the way it's $400.00 from that vendor I told you about.. I'm going to give you a call tomorrow and give you some more insight on that slide and why this happened. If you would like you can send me a PM to communicate your choice
groveln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:58 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
im hoping it will go in with the motor looks like it rotated but im not going to try until im ready to go id like to deal with it at home where i have my tools all accessible it wen out ok ill be crossing fingers i sent you a pm plse do call me appreciate your help thanks dave

Tags
holiday rambler, slide