RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2016, 07:39 AM   #1

99 Monaco Windsor 8.3 Exhaust

Where can I get an exhaust pipe, from the Turbo to the Muffler for a 8.3, are there after market pieces for sale any where or??
Thanks

Superpro14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2016, 08:35 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My 8.3 (ISC330) in my 2004 Monaco Knight uses a 4" exhaust. My pipe come down from the turbo and goes through a flexible joint and then makes a 90 degree turn into the muffler. If your pipe from the turbo to the flex joint is OK, you can get the flex joint, straight pipes, 90 degree pipes, clamps, etc. all in stainless steel from Summit Racing for reasonable prices (and fast shipping). See their part number WLK-41691 for example.

I am not familiar with the pipe from the turbo to the flex joint - it may have an integral flange at the turbo outlet end. You might check with Cummins or a Heavy Duty Truck Parts store. Or maybe someone else will chime in.

Gene M
2004 Monaco Knight

CadillLinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:51 AM   #3

Thanks Gene, I will check out Summitt, never thought they would have a flex coupler, I will be close to their Georgia store next month will order and pick up, thinking on installing a new AERO Muffler at the same time.
Superpro14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:49 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpro14 View Post
Thanks Gene, I will check out Summitt, never thought they would have a flex coupler, I will be close to their Georgia store next month will order and pick up, thinking on installing a new AERO Muffler at the same time.
My local O'Reilly has a few 4" exhaust parts in stock. NAPA can get you anything you want usually the next day.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I replaced my muffler this year with a Magnaflow, ordered the basic pipes and clamps from Napa, just make sure you get your ID and OD correct, otherwise simple project. Our exhaust is 5", they had no problem sourcing it.
jleamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:28 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleamo1 View Post
I replaced my muffler this year with a Magnaflow, ordered the basic pipes and clamps from Napa, just make sure you get your ID and OD correct, otherwise simple project. Our exhaust is 5", they had no problem sourcing it.
How much louder did it make things with the aftermarket muffler?

Also to the OP if you live near any big truck sales or repair shop they often have a parts house near by. I have bought lots of 4" stuff there and they usually have it at a reasonable price. Good thing about that is being able to bring in your old parts to match things up. Price is also pretty competitive.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:32 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I replaced my old stock muffler with an Aero Exhaust AT5050XL. It has 5" in/out. My stock muffler was 4" so i added 4"to5" adapters and made custom muffler hangers. Purchased all the pipe and adapters on Amazon. Not much difference in sound, but I can't be sure because I chose to dump the exhaust out the back instead of the stock drivers side exhaust. DW takes naps back there while on the road with no complaints. Put a nice 6" stainless tip on it too. Looks badass.

https://www.amazon.com/Degree-Exhaus...s+16+Ga.+Steel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pipe.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	142248  

Dan & April Mastroluca-2001 Monaco Diplomat 36PBD Cummins ISC330HP 8.3L Diesel 6-Speed Allison Transmission-Toad= 2017 Ford Fusion Energi w/ Blue Ox Aventa BX7445 & Roadmaster Invisibrake FMCA# F452291 https://www.facebook.com/dmastroluca GO DODGER BLUE!!!
dmastroluca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco