Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2021, 03:56 PM   #1

99 Monaco Windsor step ??

Hello All,

Is there anyway to get the step to stop going up and down every time the door opens...
I have tried every switch I see on panel , The one that says step does nothing.
Not sure if its a light or what ever, But there is a step light

Thank you in advance
NWCycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2021, 05:30 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
What brand step are they? If Kwikee, there are troubleshooting steps to find out if the controller is bad. https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001636.pdf
Old 11-19-2021, 12:04 AM   #3

What I meant was is the stairs go up and down when the door opens and closes but looking to just find a switch to keep your steps down
Old 11-19-2021, 12:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCycle View Post
What I meant was is the stairs go up and down when the door opens and closes but looking to just find a switch to keep your steps down
On my '05 Monaco Knight the Entry Step switch in the DOWN position will keep the stairs up when the screen door magnets separate when the door is opened. If you're not paying attention you could hurt yourself falling out expecting a step that's not there. The steps should stay up until the Entry Step switch is in the UP position with the screen door open.
When the Entry Step switch is in the UP position the steps will extend when you open the screen door and retract when the screen door is closed aligning the magnet switch halves.
The steps are supposed (mine don't always) to retract when the ignition key is moved to the START or RUN position when the screen door is closed regardless of the Entry Step position. This is supposed to prevent the steps from being damaged if you try to drive off with the steps still out because you left the Entry Step switch in the DOWN position.
I put the switch DOWN during the day leaving the steps extended so I can go in and out without having to mess with the switch every time. I have a routine when it's dark and I don't plan to go out again. I put the switch in the UP position to retract the steps and then I lock the deadbolt. I then tell the DW that we're "up and locked" referring to the steps and the deadbolt.
... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211119_001049021.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	349294
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 10:15 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
My 2002 Windsor has a step switch on the dash just inside the door. In one position the step will operate any time the door opens or closes. In the other position, the step will stay out unless I start the engine.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 01:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Hello All,

Is there anyway to get the step to stop going up and down every time the door opens...
I have tried every switch I see on panel , The one that says step does nothing.
Not sure if its a light or what ever, But there is a step light

Thank you in advance
The switch by the door controls mine "except" if the ign. key is on, then the door opening and closing controls it. You don't have your key on by any chance do you?
Old 11-20-2021, 10:37 AM   #7

ignition

No key in anywhere..
I have a step switch that I have no idea what it does....
Old 11-20-2021, 10:55 AM   #8

Quote:
No key in anywhere..
Until you read the owner's manual, if you have one, or read the posts on this forum explaining how the step switch works I have one piece of advice:
Don't open the screen door and go rushing out of the coach without making sure the steps are fully extended. It's likely to hurt you or the steps or both.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:27 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
No key in anywhere..
If you have Kwikee steps, the step switch will, in one position, allow the step to follow the door, and in the other position, keep the step in the out position, unless the ignition key is on.

Tags
monaco, wind, windsor