Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2015, 11:22 AM   #1

99 Windsor 120 Volt Problem

My coach has been in storage for awhile and I noticed I didn't have any power to the Microwave. In checking I have power on both legs to the main power panel that has all of the heavy loads, but I have no power to an auxiliary panel for the outlets, microwave, etc. I can't see where the power for this panel comes from. Does anybody have any drawings or ideas?
traveler999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Check the breakers on the inverter.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:09 PM   #3

Dennis is correct and you should check the breakers on the inverter. Also make sure the inverter is actually turned on. If you have a remote control panel for the inverter then you can turn it on and off from the panel. If all else fails then you need to unplug from shorepower and with the generator off then disconnect the main negative cable from your house batteries for a ten count then hook it back up. This should reset the inverter.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #4

There is only one breaker on the inverter and it looks okay
Old 09-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #5

turns It looks like I have a toasted Inveter/Convertor. When I close the breakers to the inverter the breakers at the house that are supplying power to the coach trip. I turned the switch on the inverter that I believe turns the convertor off, and it still pops the breakers at the house
Old 09-24-2015, 06:19 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
If you are on a 20 amp shore power the inverter/charger and other loads may be tripping the breaker trying to charge a partially discharged house battery bank depending what your settings are. Try with generator if you are on a lower amp shore circuit, you might get lucky.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:32 PM   #7

Thanks, but I disconnected the batteries and had the same problem.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #8

Sorry for taking so long to close this out, but here is what I found

I did isolate the problem to the (Trace 2012) Inverter/Converter. I found a drop in replacement at VISONE and everything is working fine.
When I got the old unit on the bench I rigged it up with a single phase 115V on both of the inputs and every thing was fine, but when I used 220 where the phases were opposite polarity, it popped the circuit breaker. There is a relay inside the inverter that switches from shore power to inverter power that could be stuck. The outputs are normally115/220 volts because the are tied to the inputs which are 115/220volts out of phase, when the inverter is supplying the outputs the relay should open and then tie the inverter single phase output to both of the outputs. This is the only place that I can see where a short likethis could happen.

When I get ambitious I will try and tear the old unit apart.