RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I have an 06' DIP PDQ. The two AC outlets on the bed slide-out work on shore and/or generator AC power, but not when on the inverter. Anybody have a schematic for this coach that might give me a clue?
Thanks!

Daveo0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have an 06' DIP PDQ. The two AC outlets on the bed slide-out work on shore and/or generator AC power, but not when on the inverter. Anybody have a schematic for this coach that might give me a clue?
Thanks!

Old 03-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
My 08 is the same way. It wouldn't matter to me much except for the air mattress, and not pumping on inverter.

I have the coach at the dealer as we speak with this as one of my issues. They are going to investigate the best method for connecting the slide outlets to the EMS, and not combining it with a breaker already supporting it's rated limits.

I should have an answer in a couple of days, I'll post back when I find out.

In the mean time maybe someone here on the forum has already been down this road and has a handy response.

2008 HR Endeavor (DIP) PDQ
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Hope this helps.

Wiring Diagram
Old 03-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flyer:
Hope this helps.

Wiring Diagram </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sort of, ...
It proves our coaches are wired to the schematic specs. The slide out is on breaker 3a, the other side of the BR (curb side) is on inverter.

I hope my guys get it changed. Those two outlets are the only ones in the coach NOT powered by the inverter. Why,? ... who knows.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:54 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I have asked Monaco repeatedly for a layout diagram of the 120v service, showing junction boxes, etc., for my coach. They have repeatedly told me that there is none available. Only one they have is the drawing Flyer posted, but showing my floorplan.

I have a CPAP machine, and I would love to be able to plug it in next to the bed while dry-camping. Problem is that without the layout diagram, it's next to impossible to follow the leads as they go behind walls, etc. I've thought about it, and it seems like the easiest solution would be to run a lead from the INV-2 circuit, as that is dedicated to the microwave. It would be highy unlikely that anything powered from the nightstand recepticles would overload this circuit. However, since the potentiality is there, my dealer won't do it. I cannot blame him for that, but I don't know what the answer is.

Corkey, if you find a solution, please do post it.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:55 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks VERY much for the AC layout schematic.

It answers a lot of questions about my coach. How do I get a complete set? For instance, is the GFI in the bathroom the only one on the coach with all other GFI outlets wired through it? Or are there others hidden away somewhere? Also the 12V wiring schmeatics would be helpful.

I am curious to know what happens at Monaco on this one.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:30 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Dave,

While the diagram does not show you where the wires actually are, they do show you the routing sequence.

Looking at Flyer's diagram, note that the first part of each recepticle shows the primary source - i.e. breaker number or INV1 or INV2 (microwave only). The next digit is the primary leg, letters are in wireing sequence - i.e. INV1A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K. After that are sub-legs - i.e. INV1D1,2,3,4 (for the galley slide). Where you see a GFI recepticle (INV1C, and INV1D1), all sequences downstream from there would be protected by the same GFI recept.

So if the wiring is true to the diagram, all inverter receptitcles should be GFI protected except 1A and 1B in the bedroom curbside slide.

There are mistakes on the diagram. Note that the plug for the refer is labeled both 6A and INV 1, neither of which are correct. It should be 6B. (INV 1F for the ice maker is correct.)
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:47 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Robin, I guess I was wondering if the information stating that the GFI in the Head also feeds other outlets was present.

By the way, on my coach, the GFI in the bathroom also feeds INV 1E GFI, INV 1F ICE MAKER, INV 1G1 COMP, INV 1G2, INV 1H DSS, INV 1J TV and IV 1L COMP. I am not sure about INV 1I and INV 1K.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Update, .... I just returned from my dealer and they confirmed the street side slide is fed by the panel of which none of the circuits in the breaker panel are inverter supplied. They have not moved far enough along to determine the best way to source it from the inverter and how it would effect the routing of the wiring feeding those outlets.

These techs are good, and I trust them to do it right.

Not much new, ... but you now know what I know. I should know more tomorrow.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:55 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Another update - The tech pulled the wire from the breaker panel and routed it to the inverter. So my main BR slide is now powered by the inverter, same as all other outlets in the coach. The tech was not available when I picked up the coach, so I'm not sure just how this was done, but I now know it can be done.

On the surface I'm happy to have all of my outlets fully functioning at all times, but now my disclaimer.

If for some reason there is a small air loss in the mattress, the inverter will have to run to take care of it. Also, I don't know the power requirements of the air pump in standby, and there is no switch to disable it. So in hindsight I'm not sure yet if this change was the right thing to do.

I'm now thinking of installing a remote switch to the Air mattress pump just in case I have any problems with frequent air adjustments while dry camping. Oh, and the pump runs just fine on inverter power. I have never heard the pump run unless the mattress needed adjusting, so maybe I'm concerned about nothing, .... time will tell.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
That's great Corkey, thanks for the update. Wish we knew how they made the mod.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
On my 07 Camelot I have the same situation. Coaches that due not have a second sub breaker panel have this problem. This was explaned to by a Magnum inverter rep at the Lancaster pre rally.

Soniccruzer is offline   Reply With Quote