Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2017, 05:47 AM   #1

AC Problem

I have a 2005 Monaco Monaro. Yesterday when the ac unit was running
and start to cycle off, right before it would stop, it would start up again. I
set the thermostat higher several times , but it would do the same thing.
I finally just turned the unit off to keep it from running so much.
I live in S.W. Georgia. The heat and humidity has been terrible the last
couple days. Also I keep the unit under a metal shed, out of the direct sun light.
Could this be a freon or thermostat problem?
Thanks for any info.
jjradtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2017, 06:57 AM   #2

Our friends have a 2002 Diplomat... their AC was doing the same thing... ended up being the charger/inverter producing a bad DC voltage sign wave causing the digital AC unit controls to malfunction... try turning the charger / inverter off and see if the problem continues...
Boondockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:09 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
The little black on off switch is notorious for a bad connection. I tried to take it apart and clean it and it works a little better. Someone had posted a link with replacement internal buttons and the switch for the thermostat internal components but I have not been able to find that post with the parts
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Could be the capacitor. Mine started cycling on and off had it ched out and both units capacitors were shot. 2006 holiday rambler endevor
wengayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by wengayle View Post
Could be the capacitor. Mine started cycling on and off had it ched out and both units capacitors were shot. 2006 holiday rambler endevor

Sometimes you can pull the lid and see if the capacitors have blown their guts. Mine has two larger capacitors next to each other and a small inline one under them. The small on is only about 1 1/2" long about the size of a thumb. It sits in a little metal saddle. Mine came out of the saddle and shorted and was shooting fire out the side. Thankful we found it without a fire.
Be careful of the capacitors. They can hold a charge after power is removed. They need to be shorted with a rubber handle screwdriver to discharge them if they are charged. Easy to replace and cheap (15$ or so)
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote