Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2017, 06:54 AM   #1

AGM Battery question 03 Exec all electric

I have an 03 Exec with the all electric option. it has Lifeline AGM batteries. 5 8DL's for the coach & 2 4DL's for the motor. they are all 8 years old. I have had this bus a little over 2 years. The 5 8DL's need replacing. The motor batteries are still ok.

Should i replace them all or just the coach batteries ? stay with AGM? I looked at lithium but too expensive & i won't have the bus longer than 5 more years

considering going with the Lifeline AGM for the coach & wet batteries for the motor

any suggestions?

Thanks
Fman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2017, 07:10 AM   #2

We had a mix in our '06 Dynasty when I first went to the AGM's for the coach. When I did that, I set the Magnum for AGM type batteries, and I don't know that it had any adverse impact on the chassis batteries. When I later changed the chassis batteries, I went from flooded to AGM.

The only issue with having the mix is that you probably only have one charging unit, and it is set for one type of battery, only. Again, I don't know how much impact there really is by not having it quite right for one bank or the other, but I would recommend not mixing battery types in your unit.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:09 AM   #3

I had an 05 Navigator, all electric. All AGMs for me. You are used to spotless battery boxes . Wet cells are real messy. You have forgotten.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:57 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I wouldn't see any problem in doing that as long as you replace all in that group! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
AGM. Lithium requires a special charger in addition to the costly battery.
You can change out one 'set' and not the other and be safe. But you can't replace just one or two with is a set, it will ruin the new ones.
Your plan to just replace just the coach batteries is safe.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:13 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My rig has 4 - 925 CCA low maintenance wet cells for starting batteries and did have 4 - 8D AGM's for the house. The charger was set for AGM. Seemed to be OK.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:31 AM   #7

AGM VS wet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
My rig has 4 - 925 CCA low maintenance wet cells for starting batteries and did have 4 - 8D AGM's for the house. The charger was set for AGM. Seemed to be OK.
thanks for the response. You say did have 4 8D AGM's have you changed those to a different type of battery?
Fman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, electric