Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #1

AGS Remote problem on 06 Monaco Sig

AGS remote will not respond. Display shows "OFF DC13.ov OA" green power LT IS GREEN, inverter on/off works fine, red fault lt is not on. Select rotary knob, all AGS keys are non functional? Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Andrewmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
It sounds like you're talking about a Magnum inverter, remote, and AGS? If so, it sounds like the remote control panel is unable to talk to the AGS module.

My first thought is whether the cabling to the AGS in good shape? There is a phone cord (check both ends of all cables to make sure the connections are clean, tight, and no broken or frayed wires.) Also make sure that all of the discrete wire connections to the screw terminals are good and tight.

I had one of the generator wires come loose from that terminal strip. In my case, the remote would talk to the AGS, and it could stop the generator, but couldn't start it. If in your case, a power wire came loose, it might prevent the remote from seeing the AGS, as would a communications (phone) cable problem.

It might also be a fuse powering the AGS unit.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:51 AM   #3

Thanks for reply shapeshifter , all worked fine until I had service work done on generator. I will check wires as you suggested and post back results, thanks
Old 10-10-2014, 06:49 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewmason View Post
Thanks for reply shapeshifter , all worked fine until I had service work done on generator. I will check wires as you suggested and post back results, thanks
There is a plug in the generator compartment that connects the AGS. Service personnel usually unplug that connector to prevent the AGS from starting the generator while they are changing the oil. They quite often forget to plug it back in. Pull out the generator and check for a disconnected cable.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
There is a plug in the generator compartment that connects the AGS.
That was my first thought as well, as soon as I heard about the generator being serviced. But if that were the case, the AGS would operate normally, at least as far as the remote control were concerned, it just wouldn't be able to actually start or stop the generator.

Since the remote isn't recognizing the AGS, I'm thinking it might be a loss of power or communications to the AGS module (which is usually mounted on the wall of the compartment alongside the inverter/charger.)

However, when I re-read the original complaint, it says that none of the AGS buttons are working, and neither is the rotary control. On my remote, there is only one AGS button. Are any of the other lower buttons working? For example, you should be able to press the "Shore" button and then turn the rotary knob to select the charging current. Does that work? If so, I tend to think it's a problem near the AGS module. If it doesn't work, then I suspect a problem with the remote. Maybe just unplugging it for a few seconds, the plugging it back in will reset it?
Old 10-15-2014, 05:02 AM   #6

Thanks nodine, to answer your question, none of the buttons or nobs work. Does not respond to any touch except inverter on and off. I'm out of town and have not looked at it since I posted the problem. How do you kill power to it , to reset it? I'm going to try that first. Thanks
Old 10-15-2014, 05:21 AM   #7

You could call Magnum (425-353-8833). Last year I had a COMM error on my remote panel. I bought a new panel but it turned out to be the <COMM> board inside the inverter. Magnum had me try to plug the remote directly into the inverter with a different phone cable etc. They were very helpful. Replacing the COMM board was not that difficult.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewmason View Post
How do you kill power to it , to reset it? I'm going to try that first. Thanks
First thing I would try is unplug shore power, turn off the generator, and then turn off the house battery disconnect switch. Go in to the control panel and make sure it is completely off. Then turn on the battery disconnect switch again.

If that doesn't work, the next thing I would try is to unplug the phone cables from the inverter, and unplug the green screw terminal strip from the AGS module near the inverter. Leave them off for 20 or 30 seconds. Then make sure to plug everything back into the same sockets they were originally in.

If neither of those work, it's time to do some more in-depth troubleshooting. There is some good information at Home - Magnum Energy, Inc. under the support and library topics. Of course, you can also call Magnum direct.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #9

First try unplugging the telephone cable connection wire either from the inverter or from the remote. Count ten and plug it back in. That has been how I reset mine on my Sig
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:14 AM   #10

That worked, unplugged all 3 telephone wires, all works correctly, thanks so much.

Tags
monaco