RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Air bags

My 2001 diplomat 38A is now parked for 10 days. The air pressure went from 114 pounds to 60psi. The jacks are retracted. Is this much drop in pressure normal in 10 days? Should I be searching for a leak?
Thanks.
Rick

Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #2

That is a good bit of air...in theory they should not loose any air...so you might want to look and see what is going on...a little soap in water with a spray bottle will help detect leaks...or get it to your chassis manufacturer...

Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks. That what I thought
Both tanks are down which might mean the air release valve may have a leak. I'll check that first.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
My 2001 diplomat 38A is now parked for 10 days. The air pressure went from 114 pounds to 60psi. The jacks are retracted. Is this much drop in pressure normal in 10 days? Should I be searching for a leak?
Thanks.
Rick
Some loose more, it's pretty hard to find all the leaks, our Dynasty will loose more than that and I have been under the coach with spray soap more than once. You can try to find the leak but it's so small I don't think you will.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I spoke to my MH coach. Said 60 pound loss in 10 days isn't bad. They are very hard leaks to find. He said he's worked on rigs that lose all there pressure in a night. They are hard to find even that bad. So I'm leaving it alone and keep an eye on it.
Thanks for your responses.
Rick
Old 01-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #6

Agree - leave it alone. I had a 2001 Diplomat and it lost air over several days as you are experiencing. Monaco told me his was not unusual and If I was going to be parked for a few days I would dump air anyway.

Once I left my air hose plugged into the utility receptical in the front left bay and I lost air in the back (if memory is still working) in an hour until I looked around and saw what I had done as I tried to figure out why I was losing air so fast.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Libero

This is my first MH. still learning.
Rick
Old 01-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #8

Mine did that when it was new and did not get any better or worse for the 5 years I owned the Diplomat. It was a great coach.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Libero

I bought my 2001 diplomat 38A on May 2012. We left the day after we got it on a 1000 mile trip. Then a month later went on a 5 month trip. It's a great MH. no problems. Changed all the fluids and filters twice so far on the motor, generator and transmission. I had no maintenance records, so I wanted to clean everything out. It runs like a champ. I'm leaving in April for the western Usa. I'll be gone 8 months. I am very confident the MH will do fine. It is a great motorhome.
Thanks
Rick