Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2017, 06:41 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Air Chuck '99 Windsor

Can anyone tell me what male airline connector to use with the (what I assume to be) airchuck in the drivers side front bay (same bay as the propane tank)?

None of the ones I have tried seem to fit (PCL and PCL XF).
ElvistheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2017, 06:46 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
That one should be the same type you use to connect to an air compressor. Mine looks like the brass fitting on the right and you use the one on the left to connect to the air line.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:39 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
That one should be the same type you use to connect to an air compressor. Mine looks like the brass fitting on the right and you use the one on the left to connect to the air line.

We use PCL and PCL XF (certainly most of the compressors bits I've seen here use them) what sort is the above exactly?

It does look like the same as the male connector up front on mine (presumably for the tow truck to air to release the brakes), and it's certainly not the same connector that gets used on our tractor/trailer unit airlines!
Old 07-11-2017, 08:18 AM   #4

http://catalog.kimballmidwest.com/co...ages/blank.gif I use this air line coupler made by kimble midwest. It is a universal fitting and will accept all other male fittings so will connect to any air hose.
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:23 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
OK so it looks like it might be a "Standard Industrial Interchange" quick connect:
http://www.glosterairparts.co.uk/AirToolConnectors.htm
Old 07-11-2017, 08:25 AM   #6

The connector for our 1998 Windsor is in the engine bay. Or is that the inlet, and the outlet in the front with the generator?

In any case, I replaced the connectors with ones compatible with my hose and accessories.

One thought - In with the propane tank? Make sure it is not a propane accessory port!

Matt B
Old 07-11-2017, 08:33 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmattb View Post
The connector for our 1998 Windsor is in the engine bay. Or is that the inlet, and the outlet in the front with the generator?

In any case, I replaced the connectors with ones compatible with my hose and accessories.

One thought - In with the propane tank? Make sure it is not a propane accessory port!

Matt B

I couldn't see anything in the engine bay.

Yep I am a little wary of it in case it is for the propane, but it's on the drivers side and would seem an odd place to put an accessory port (one of the reasons I don't want to just unscrew it to replace it until I can check for certain).
Old 07-11-2017, 11:59 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvistheKing View Post
I couldn't see anything in the engine bay.

Yep I am a little wary of it in case it is for the propane, but it's on the drivers side and would seem an odd place to put an accessory port (one of the reasons I don't want to just unscrew it to replace it until I can check for certain).
There are two different types of air couplers in our coaches. If you slide the generator out, you will see a coupler a tow company can use to charge the air suspension if your engine is inop and can't fill the air tanks. The coupler that is next to the propane tank is for accessories and works off the front air tank. They are called Nominal Pipe Thread (NPT) couplers and they come in different sizes and male or female. I use 1/4" for chucks.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
You can see the air supply coupler in the upper left of this picture. It's the brass fitting that is in the shadow. I don't have a picture of mine, but the propane tank sideways in my coach and the fuel tank is in a different bay. The coupler is below my propane tank.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:28 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Air Chuck '99 Windsor

Yer I'm going to see if I can either get a 1/4 BSP or 1/4 NPT to BSP adaptor, mine is in basically the same place as the picture (although I have the propane and fuel tank in different bays)