Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Air conditioner Condensate Drain

Does anyone know if the rear air conditioner on our 2009 Camelot 42KFQ should drain condensate through a hose to the bottom of the coach. Ours currently drains the condensate out on the coach roof. I am looking for a drain line but can't find one. Any idea how to figure this one out. Oh by the way, the front and middle air conditioners do have hoses to drain condensate to the bottom of the coach.

Lew
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2010, 04:45 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I don't have a '09, but mine also drains on the roof. I have seen hoses out the bottom, and if there is a solution for this I would definately be interested.
OnJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:33 AM   #3

My AC runs out the bottom of the coach front and back... You stated this is the middle AC and the front and back drain under the coach.. I am just willing to bet that the Monaco people let this be as they would have to run another drain pipe through the roof etc and were just too cheap to. Mine are the carrier AC units. I wonder if you fish some kind of rubber tube inside the roof to one of the other AC units and T pipe it in there but then the pipe might be too squeezed and back up on you.. Maybe you could run this tube on the roof itself and T Pipe it one of the other AC units.. then it would go down under the coach..and quite frankly, no one is going to see it but you.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Stuart - it is the rear AC that is running condensate out on the roof. I am going to take the cover off today and see if there is a drain line plugged. The front and middle units drain fine. Thanks for the reply.

Lew
Old 08-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #5

I apologize for the mis-read....This is what happens when you read on the internet in the morning before you put on your glasses or contact lenses...

There has to be a pipe there and I bet it is off or plugged....Note I have the full carrier literature manuals and they are also on line too at airv.carrier.com...(I wonder if Cam's used the Carriers too for 2009)--it shows the location of the drain hole and I believe it also might be accessible from inside the coach..When my rear one drains...it drains just behind the mud guard of the left rear tire...you might look up under there and see if you see the tube and whether or not it is clogged there.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:10 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Lew look under the AC in the front if it has drains you will see two ( one on each side) little black plastic boxes about 3"X2" that are attached to the AC and you probaly wont be able to see the 1/2 drain hose. Or pull the filter and look up inside and you should be able to see the 1/2 clear plastic drain line. If you do have a drain line its probably going to be the line plugged, both of my drain lines comes out at the same place.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
If you open the inside access cover where the filter is you'll see a hose from the pan on each side of the condenser that connects to a tee and then goes into the roof structure. On mine it drains out a hose in the engine comp back by the rear doors on the driver side. It has a rubber device on the end that allows water out but no bugs in. Mine got clogged once and I had to use a shop vac to suck the crud out.
Ron
Old 08-16-2010, 07:41 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for replys. Mine has a drain that is plugged and I am now trying to find the end and unplug. Looks like condensate goes in but doesn't drain from bottom. Thanks for help on looking for drain line.

Lew
Old 08-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #9

Lew

Try behind left mud guard...you might also take something like a hand football pump with a needle for the air and put it into pipe near AC..Slowly pump a bit of air and I bet it will try and blow the stuff out of there at the bottom.

Crude, but effective..
Old 08-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Good tip on the hand air pump. I am still looking. There is a drain hose on the right side of the engine compartment with the rubber "whistle preventer" on the bottom but I think it is on the wrong side of the coach. The drain line from the AC starts out of the AC area going to the road side of the coach. Seems like that is where the drain should come out. I will try to hand pump and see what happens.

Lew
Old 08-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Lew I saw a post on one of the forums from another Camelot owner that it is the drain for the rear AC
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Hose in right side of the engine compartment is the rear AC drain. I blew from the bottom and think I cleared the line - running AC today to confirm. On our AC units there are two drain catch bowls on each side of the condenser but they are sandwiched between the AC unit and the roof and I don't see a way short of lifting the AC unit to get to them and clean them. At least I have found all the hoses and connections, etc. I could not get the drain hose disconnected from the T fitting inside the AC (coach side). It is like building a ship in a bottle so I hope I don't have to go to that length to get a clear drain.

Lew