Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Air Dump

Anyone know where the air dump solenoid is on 03 holiday rambler imperial, mine quit dumping i have located what i thought was the air dump valve,maybe i am wrong ?????
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #2

Which system do you have? Is the the HWH system? On my 2004 MH the DUMP is labeled LOWER but probably does the same thing. On mine there is no single dump solenoid because it has to let the air out of all the bags and each bag has a separate manifold. Hitting the DUMP/LOWER button on mine sends a signal to all the bag manifolds/solenoids to let the air out. There is no single dump solenoid. I have included the troubleshooting manual for the HWH system. If that is not your system then you should get the correct manual and read up on it and go through the troubleshooting section. Give me more info on your system and I would be glad to assist you in troubleshooting it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH Leveling Tech Manual ml31043.pdf (547.5 KB, 290 views)
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
solenoid air dump

air dump solenoid valve is a kip inc, i have the part number but yet to find a supplier the solenoid is located on the front fire wall called kip they wont sell to me cause they dont have the rights or are not the proprietary of this valve in another words they sold the rights to someone else of course it is speacially made for monaco now what? more fun
Old 01-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #4

What is the overall system brand make of the leveling system?
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Letsgo I'm pretty sure my dyn has Mac valves on the manual air dump 1 in front 2 in the rear I will try and get the part # for you tomorrow am, I know you can get them you will have a Mac valve dealer for your state, my HWH air dump is a different sys on my air leveling.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
this is what the valves will look like MAC Directional Control Valves I got mine off Ebay. Check the fuse first, Mine would blow the fuse untill I replaced the valve. I used a bigger fuse until then but I don't recommend doing that.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:34 PM   #7

Does anyone have a picture of the valve mines not working well either
davdamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #8

One of my valves quit working. I found the part # on it and goggled the number and ordered a new one.
oldguy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:54 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
Anyone know where the air dump solenoid is on 03 holiday rambler imperial, mine quit dumping i have located what i thought was the air dump valve,maybe i am wrong ?????

A few years ago I was experiencing an issue with the air dump on my 2006 Camelot.

It turned out to be operator error on my part! I had forgotten that the ignition key must be in the "accessory" position to allow the air dump to function. On my coach the air dump will not operate if the key is in the "Run" or "Off" positions.

Once the operator error was rectified, the air dump functioned as designed. Whoops.
zo66 is offline   Reply With Quote