Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Air dumping and leveling?

I have a quick question....regarding leveling. I have an older coach now but am in the process of purchasing a newer coach with Air ride (2006 Camelot). What it the recommended practice regarding the dumping of the air and leveling? Should you always dump the air prior to leveling or leave the airbags inflated?

New to the air ride system. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2009, 05:26 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Slides out first, then you can dump air, then level.
wilpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
This was most recently discussed a few days ago. Check here http://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49723. Don't miss the post at the end by Robin_M. He links you to some info he has put together on his blog.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:57 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetank View Post
I have a quick question....regarding leveling. I have an older coach now but am in the process of purchasing a newer coach with Air ride (2006 Camelot). What it the recommended practice regarding the dumping of the air and leveling? Should you always dump the air prior to leveling or leave the airbags inflated?

New to the air ride system. Thanks

Some Camelots come with air leveling and not leveling jacks or some coaches have both. If your Camelot has air leveling then you don't dump the air. Don't confuse air leveling with air ride. All Camelots have air bags in the suspension, i.e., air ride. Only selects models came with the air leveling option which uses the air bags to level the coach.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:34 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonno View Post
This was most recently discussed a few days ago. Check here http://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49723. Don't miss the post at the end by Robin_M. He links you to some info he has put together on his blog.
Bob,

Thanks for the "plug" , but in the interest of accuracy, my comments apply to hydraulic jacks only. I've never had a coach with an air leveling system, so I would have to defer to those that do, on the subject of whether or not dumping the air before leveling provides any benefit at all.

I think most owners with air leveling systems do not dump air. But I would be curious to hear from any such owners if dumping the air first would possibly result in the coach being lower to the ground, after leveling.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:13 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Our 2006 Camelot PAQ has air leveling. My procedure is to extend the slides, level the coach (using auto-level) and lower the coach using the "all corners lower" button on the leveler control pad. This results in a level coach with the entry step as low as possible.
glennb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Wetank,
Here is more reading on the subject from John Hurd, (was the Service Operations Manager in Oregon)
You may also want to bookmark the magazine web address for future.
I would say that Glennb100 has it nailed for that leveling system. Ours is different as we do not have air leveling, just the jacks
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #8

Read your owners manual!!! Coaches can come with different leveling systems. You must operate it in the manner desighed for THAT system! Joe's Diplomat may have a completly different system than Tom's Diplomat, so you can't use ones directions for the other. Some say dump air then level, others say level then dump air. Again,just read the manual for YOUR coach and YOUR leveling system (and all others systems).
You don't want to ruin something that could cost so much to repair. Marty
Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #9

We were told that the slides should not be put out unless the coach was level. We were told to dump the air first, then level with the jacks, then put the slides out. In fact, if you use the automatic leveling function, that's what it does... dumps the air, then lowers the jacks.
gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Gator67

It is nice that you read the Monaco Owners Forum, but I am not sure your Alpine process process is applicable to a Monaco Coach.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator67 View Post
We were told that the slides should not be put out unless the coach was level. We were told to dump the air first, then level with the jacks, then put the slides out. In fact, if you use the automatic leveling function, that's what it does... dumps the air, then lowers the jacks.
Monaco Owners...This statement is NOT the proper procedures for our coaches. Our motor homes are manufactured differently than other coaches. Please remember:

Slides are ALWAYS "First Out Last In"

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote